BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we are heading for the Morice on Sept. 9th from the Netherlands. We are with 3 flyfishermen and of course looking for steelhead. We fished this beautiful river a couple of times and found that there are only a few places with reasonable access from the road and that a jet boat or pontoon gives more possibilities.
Does anyone knows a place in Houston where we can hire a jetboat or pontoons?

G

·
Try Oscar's sport shop in Smithers, they used to rent pontoons/rafts, 250-847-2136. As for jet boats, Ken's marine in Terrace may be able to help you 250-635-2909.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, for all the information!
I already contacted Oscar's and will pay them a visit next week.
I got Ray's phonenumber with me, and maybe I'll give him a call next week.
My flyboxes are filled, the lines are cleaned and greased, I'm ready.

greetz,

Bram

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's over for us

Well guys, we're back in Holland now after a 2-week stay in Northern BC. We started at the Morice. The water was clear but low. However my 1st cast resulted in a 6lb steellie! That was all (besides some nice Dolly's) for the next 2 days so we went to the Bulkey, also clear and low. We lost 1 steelie and caught 2 coho there. We visited Oscars for some new wading shoes but did not go for the pontoons. A call to a friend on the Kispiox made us decide to go there a few days sooner. On the 1st day, only in the afternoon, we landed 3 nice steelhead in the 14-18lbs class. There were lots of nice Dolly's too and in the deep holes lots of coho but they were hard to catch, even with spoons. We stayed at the Kispiox Steelhead Camp and used the cano there several times. There were lots of bears!
One of my friend landed a 41" buck with an estimated weight of 28lbs in the Kispiox.
The conditions were hard, very clear and low, but after a rise the fish moved in.
9 days of Kispiox fishing with the fly resulted in 13 steelheads for the 3 of us.
Thanks to all who gave us information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.