BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12' aluminum and a 9.9 and was looking to try my luck with some bottomfish and maybe a salmon this summer, up around Campbell river. I here it is a good spot especially for small boats.

Does the tidal current get real bad? I'd like to take some lake gear and catch some salt water critters. So if you have any suggestions, that would be great.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lots of cartoppers are used in Campbell River, you just have to pay close attention to the weather and tides. As for using lake gear I think you would find it way too light. I have taken coho on a fly rod but they are few and far between in this area right now. There are anumber of lakes in the C.R. area that are good for trout fishing.

·
Banned
189 Posts
******* Thunder said:
I have a 12' aluminum and a 9.9 and was looking to try my luck with some bottomfish and maybe a salmon this summer, up around Campbell river. I here it is a good spot especially for small boats.
How much xperience do you have?

******* Thunder said:
Does the tidal current get real bad?
depending on the tide bring a spare pair of underwear.

******* Thunder said:
I'd like to take some lake gear and catch some salt water critters. So if you have any suggestions, that would be great.
Talk to the guys @ http://www.tyeemarine.com they'll set you up with something that will work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm 30, been fishing most of my life lakes/rivers. I spent a few years fishing the southern tip of Van Island when I lived in Victoria, but kept it 'close' to shore for rock fish and lings.
I'll keep my tide book handy.
I'll be packing a big spinning reel (Quantum Great White) with a 7 footer, 30lb power pro braid/spectra with 20lb mono leader and jigs, plastics and maybe some jiggings spoons. I think I'll just play around some big kelp beds.

Suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts