BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm heading to Calgary for a week at the end of the month. Does anybody know any easily accessible areas of the Bow river that will produce fish? Also any productive patterns that anyone knows of would be appreciated aswell. I will only be fishing in the evenings so I won't get too much fishing in. :'(

Tight Lines, Nates

· Registered
50 Posts
A great spot is Fish Creek Park at Southland Drive SE and Deerfoot Trail. The river is huge and there are tons of opportunities for walk and wading trips. As for flies, I would suggest the usual, wooly buggers, san juan worms, nymphing and the usual dry flies.

If you had the time you should check out the Carseland weir area, its about 45mins out of Calgary but wickedly productive there.

Check out these guys http://www.bowrivertroutfitters.com/

The factors that effect the Bow river are water temperature and clarity. The river can get dirty and stay dirty for a long time.

If you get into some fish they average 18" to 20" browns and rainbow. Have fun!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.