BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there forum! general boating newbe so to speak. been on boats my whole life but finally purchased my very own. Was thinking of heading over to Bowen Island for some lunch on Sun and was wondering if there was any advice on where to launch the boat? I was planning on making the better part of the day of it so I didnt want to launch too close. Anywhere in Richmond or in that area. Any help would be great. thanks in advance.

wopper

·
Registered
116 Posts
congrats on the newboat. I would launch at 5am out of False Creek and catch the high slack off the cap then head over. It is a very low tide just after noon Sunday, so lunch over there is good and you can put her back on the trailer on the afternoon flood after trolling back to Kits.

I have not launched from Macdonald beach in Richmond, but lots of guys like it. For your first trip, I would think going from Kits would be more relaxing. The traffic in the river and the water at the mouth of the North Arm is probably more of a worry for a newb.

I usually launch from Kits or Steveston.

·
Registered
25 Posts
MacDonald beach is a good launch, you can put the boat back on the trailer at low tide no problem.
right now it might be risky in the river with the run off and all the wood in the water , can get bad, so much so that you might not want to get up on plain ,it's a long putt to the mouth.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Depending on the size of your boat or the tide ther is a free launch on the south end of n.2rd in richmons and slao a pay ;llaunch at the harbour authority

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your responses. my friend backed out on me last minute so I had no one to go out with last weekend but look forward to trying all of them. thanks again guys

·
Registered
648 Posts
watch the ride over, with all of the very high tides this past week, Howe Sound is littered with debris. I've never seen anything like it before. I've spent the last week working in the area, and it's getting worse each day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts