BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a work friend who is planning on going to the Bowron lakes on a canoing trip. Does anybody have any advice on what he should use. He has basic gear and is canoing it so anything extra he brings goes on his back. I made sure to educate him on the regulations and he is fully aware of any rules or restrictions. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I have done the Bowron chain twice, and if you are looking for fishing info, I suggest you PM me and I will give you the skinny. As far as what to take for gear etc.....DON"T forget the raingear!!......The B chain is in the interior rainbelt. Dry and dusty in Quesnel and 40 miles to the east it's like the West Coast Rain Forest....Take extra food as well...............Ortho 8)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
don't forget to try to wet a line in the bowron river there was lots of nice sized trout and huge schools of sockeye the last time i visited that area! and the odd spring too!

CK

·
Registered
25 Posts
Get or rent wheels for the canoe, They strap on in the middle of the canoe on the portages and your canoe becomes something like a wheelbarrel balanced in the middle. A lot easier than carrying. While paddling, wheels are up on top of gear. Made out of bicycle tires. Get in touch with Jim at Bowron Lake resort or Lotar at Beckers Resort, or Sandy at Bear Creek Merchantile Store. I'm pretty sure they all rent this rig.
Bug Dope a must before Sept frosts. Be prepared for rain or snow most months of the year, but can be blistering hot also. Lakes tend to kick up with wind in afternoon on sunny days.
Fishing is great but special regs apply. There is a reservation system, get in touch with parks branch pronto if he does not have one. It may be too late already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.