BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Good luck, I heard the water is high but clear, fishable. Hopefully we get a decent return this year.

·
Registered
409 Posts
About 35-45 minutes east Prince George.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No ....... i ended up workin most of the day.

Went down to the fraser for a couple hours....never hit nothin. Saw a couple sox roll, but that water is sooooooooo big right now, who knows where the springs are.

Gotta job to do Sat...but not till about 11/12 so gonna head to the Bowron for the morn.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I once fished this river about 20 years ago! there were a ton of sockeye in the river around bowron lake! And springs as well i had a blast with single eggs under a float with a trout rod! Hooked lots of sox and springs as well as huge rainbows! Then a huge grizzly bear came along and my fun was over for the day! What huge animals! I had to leave my 2, 3-4 lb rainbows on the beach because the griz was to close for me to grab em! When i came back the trout were gone with fresh bear tracks all around where the trout were lying! My first run in with a griz and it was a big one! I hope to go back there one day and fish it again beautiful country up there!

CK

·
Registered
409 Posts
You bet CK the Bowron has a good number of them critters running arround out there. There is some real big ones with bad attitudes, I have had a few days shut down early because I was being barked at by a black bear and of course if I even see a griz I usually leave the area asap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.