BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats everyone use on a bait caster for salmon in the frasier? Down here in texas we get line alot cheaper so im gonna buy it down here before i leave

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
You don't need a superline or braid as you say for fishing salmon. There are many benefits to using monofilament - one being cost. Many folks do however use Power Pro for sturgeon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i use fireline 30lb test.the leader is mono weight dependent on specie being targetted. for sturgeon i use100lb powerpro

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have found Tuf Line to be an excellent line but I am going to give the new Sufix 832 braid a try when it comes out this fall. If it is as good as their seige and elite mono lines I will be extremely happy. Sufix make a quality product.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have not had good luck with power pro yellow either. I have power pro in low vis green and it has performed well. I do think color maters as I catch more fish using the green. I got to the point of finally not using the yellow line anymore as I lost confidence that it's ability to catch fish.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I use the high vis (yellow) power pro on all three of my sturgeon rods and I catch sturgeon almost every time I am out, I use green powerpro and mono on my salmon gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts