BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a favourite stretch of water today where i have had a fair bit of success in this year. ;D :eek: I just bought a sage blank and had Walter from Searun tye it for me, and boy did he do some nice work :eek:. I was fishing a 3 foot lead and some juicy bait when my float just fires down, I set the hook to have a nice 10 pound doe tail walking across the surface, it put up a 10 minute battle. I popped the hook gave the fish a kiss and released back to it home. ;) I hopped back up to the wall i was fishing from and made about 5 more drifts untill my float dropped down again "swish" i set the hook to have a steelie come to the surface and twist off. By now i was having a good day. I walked down about 10 yard from where i lost that fish and pounded it more to have my drennen explode under the water i eagerly set the hook. To the surface came a chrome bar,first the death roll then the 30yard dash and back to my feet. As it came to the surface again i saw the clipped fin and i jumped down the bank to give the fish the claw of death and here he is.. i got back up onto the bank look up to the lord above and said " hey man thanks" :p

Steelie

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Nice work steelie...looks like you've been spending a bunch of time out there...you need a shave! ;D ;)
Nice fish, that new rig sounds sweet!
Rib

·
Registered
784 Posts
The new death stick looks great and wow beauty of a fish. The girlfriend could do her makeup from the side of that thing. ;D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a Sage Spey Blank 8136-4 tyed up for the Centre pin. I will be hittin the river again on sunday, ;D i must pay attention to my girlfriend for a few days :'( or i might be on the river permantly soon. :p Could be a good thing!! (lol)

Steelie

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Ya count your blessings when ya can, and yes thats a nice fish if you haven't been told already.
....... :D...Marko... ;D

·
Registered
736 Posts
NICE!! ;D OK, so....... if I don't get one soon, I am going to have to ban myself from posting till I do!! ;D ;D

·
Banned
187 Posts
not this agian Big Steel ::)... it worked tho. didnt you get one last year almost right away after going on your strike.

nice fish

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Hey steel dont worry it took me 3 years till i broke my jinx a couple weeks ago! So i hope ur not in it like i was! TAke 3 monday and tuesday off and go fish the whole river! I think it might do u some good! Thats what it took for me!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is ok Bigsteel,like i said last time,your fish is just around the corner waiting for you ;).May be you should go with fishfeak this friday :D.We were at the flow yesterday,result was good.go get them ;)

·
Registered
648 Posts
she said "steelie99, I know exactly what you mean" I swear to God, she said.......

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Sounds like a great day out there steelie99. I wish I could enjoy the river more than once a week :'(
That rod looks like a beaut, the fish too ;) Hopfully I can make the same report on sunday night.....the curse needs to be broken soon, I'm starting to get funny looks from the misses. All that time spent on the river with never any fish to show for it.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Nice read there steely99 and nice fish! It seems that some of us have figuered out the new vedder and where the fish are living. Nice work dude!

I have found the Vedder to be one of the toughest river to find steel in.I have gone many days without steel there. Then all of a sudden I hit it just right and hook into a few.Although I haven't been out there this year I may get there but for now I'm getting my steelie fix elsewhere!

Hotrod

1 - 18 of 18 Posts