BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat april 14 Brian Chan will be at searun fly and tackle in coquitlam to do a free seminar, cronies,stillwater, fish and lake biology.

Mark Spada from yakima bait co will also be there to do a seminar on salmon and steelhead plug pulling.

All seminars are free, and everything is on sale.

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
I remember a little waterproof booklet I was given once as a gift. It was written by Brian Chan, and was invaluable for those moments when matching an acceptable food source was completely eluding me...Not sure where it has gone over the years, probably still in a pocket on my tube... ;) Mr. Chan knows his stuff. If I'm not mistaken, he has his phD in entomology, not to mention numerous other recognitions and the "phD" he's likely earned out on our lakes fooling trout with a fly rod in his hands... ;)

Usually these seminars are set up in a really cool forum, with camera work sending a larger image to a big screen TV so that everyone can watch some flies get tied and hear some techniques discussed. Questions flow freely and its a pretty relaxed setting. Better to spend an afternoon, shopping and talking fishing than just thinking about it... ;D

Ps: let's not turn this thread into too much of a fluff thread shall we?

· Registered
707 Posts
The Yakima Bait rep will have a cool video showing chinooks inhaling plugs as part of his talk on plug pulling. Sea Run will have over 300 plugs on sale in top producing colors, styles and sizes for those that want to try it out this summer on the Fraser or at the mouth of the Vedder when it opens up in a couple of weeks. I think he does his presentation at 3.00pm on saturday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.