BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone pull anything out of there? or is that like a stupid question?

·
Registered
78 Posts
8) fished it for trout in summer when i was younger, but never caught any salmon there before good luck tho.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I thinks it's closed to fishing for salmon. this is a super small system and the river has been really abused in the past. I heard that a couple of years ago they were finally getting the odd salmon come back but other than that I don't think you'll see too much in there.
thanks
Bead Head

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
The Brunette river....well I have not fished that river in longer than I can remember...and I'm not that old, and my memory is pretty good, (as far as I recall :wink: ), seriously though, Lucky M....it's closed to all salmon fishing year round below caribou road...this river did at one time get some fish back but then I think something was spilled in the river....I remember seeing little jacks, clean ones lying dead on the bottom one of my first years river fishing....I can't recall what happened exactly but as far as I'm concerned that river has a "no fishing" sticker on it, for me anyways, as I know I can find other rivers that have fish in greater numbers, easier access, and that can sustain a bit of fishing pressure. I think if you were to pull one salmon out of that river, even if you released it, you would be doing the rehabilitation efforts on that stream a great deal of harm...
Rib

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
fragile stream best not to fish it at all! last time i was there 10 years ago i was walking the banks of this stream and found a huge steelhead buck 15+ pounds washed up dead on the shore! it was huge and very clean! salmon in there i'm sure there is but i do beleave it is closed for fishing for all salmon!

C.K.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know the coho spawn in there in October, saw lots of dead ones. I also know there are rainbows in there, but they have not stocked rainbows in a while.

But it will be dead soon for salmon anyways as lots of bass in there now. :cry:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks 4 teh info, i was gunna take the skytrain over there but since theres no fishing allowed i guess not.
It smells bad there any way. damn pollution! :evil: :evil:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts