BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if this is still done for Coho on the mainland side of Georgia Strait? I have some beautiful original Cowichan Bucktails with abalone spinners I'm dying to try out. I live in Gibsons and am wondering if anyone has tried this method successfully via high speed troll in the motor wash of the outboard motor. Any info would be truly appreciated.

Tight Lines!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Used to do it all the time when I was younger. Fished all around Nelson and Hardy Islands as well as off Madeira Park/Pender Harbour. Still fish it ocassionally now up off Harwood Island (not as much luck as in the past) Trolled at about 4 knots and dragged the bucktails about 30 ft back in the wake.

·
Registered
42 Posts
you might want to try infront of chapman creek or porpoise bay infront of the camp site. Fly's seem to do aswell or better than hardware in both these spots. This time of year the fish are stacked up waiting for rain infront of chapman. 90% of these fish are caught in the first hour or two of light.

good luck..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.