BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can i use to buff or polish my center pin reel?? im getting little half moons from my black gloves and wanna be able to keep my reel looking new for as long as i can.

any suggestions would be great.

basically looking for something i can just rub and wipe off kinda thing. hopefully nothing abrasive as that will ruin the finish.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hook are you getting hypnotized on the couch watching the handles go round and round. Didn't you buy this reel as a tool for fishing. ??? The fish really don't care if it is polished or not nor does the person walking past you on the flow... I have a quick question for you. Do you iron your waders before you hit the flow...I can't wait for your reply to my question... :cheers: sage

·
Banned
935 Posts
nice sage lol i bet he takes his boat for a spit shine also lol but i ahve to admit i keep all my reels nioce and clean i clean them after every fishing trip lube and grease job every other week all my reels look prety damn liek new and i ahve had them all for over five years at least

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Anybody know what time the dry cleaners is open until in Mission? I have to pick up my vest so I can look polished for the morning

They all had a good laugh at me cause I was wearing a pair of beat up hip boots with a gallon of goop on them, a vest that is covered in roe slop that I'm not even allowed to bring into the house anymore, and an old beat up silex with halfmoons all over the reel face.

This buffing thread has all the inklings of centerpins being nothing more than a Fashion Show. Too bad some people see it that way

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hey barskull if you get a faint smell of Febreeze waftting down too the intake from blood rock.That would be me.Just thought I would make it a little more enjoyable for you. :cheers: sage

98 Posts
barskull said:
Anybody know what time the dry cleaners is open until in Mission? I have to pick up my vest so I can look polished for the morning

They all had a good laugh at me cause I was wearing a pair of beat up hip boots with a gallon of goop on them, a vest that is covered in roe slop that I'm not even allowed to bring into the house anymore, and an old beat up silex with halfmoons all over the reel face.

This buffing thread has all the inklings of centerpins being nothing more than a Fashion Show. Too bad some people see it that way
I don't think I have ever agreed with anything more in my entire life then this post right here.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok your smart A**es :happy: i wanna keep it clean for my own personal preference. I wanna take care of my investment. i dont like the look of the grayish rings around the reel handles. thank you to the couple of you that "actually" suggested something

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
funny or not it was a whole lot of useless stuff :wallbash: I had to read through all that to find the 2 posts that had suggestions :wallbash:

and Sage - no i dont iron my waders, i dont even clean them ever. I do however take care of my gear which is why i asked this question. :peace:

·
Banned
935 Posts
i cant remember if i was in on it but i clean my stuff all the time i clean my reels like every trip and grease and oil them every week and then at the end of every year i take them appart and do a full service like i said in my post my reels still look as good as the day i bought them and my bass ones are almost clean enought to eat off of them

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and thats how i want my pin to stay. clean and in pristine condition. I dont know why this happened on this reel :-\ it never happened on my old one. and i dont care if it damages the line because im replacing the line thats on it. including the backing (not a fan of the green really)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.