BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all you fellows in the Bulkley River Valley,have the river conditions improved any since my last posting and if so have any Steelhead starting moving up the system ?

Will be coming up this saturday so hope for some early replies.

Thanks guys.

G

·
We've had a nice dry summer and you know what that means, very low and clear water. The sockeye run was plentiful but late and as a consequence we had a few days of commercial fishing at the mouth of Skeena which devastated the early steelhead run, I could say that 80% of the steelies I landed or seen being cought had net marks/wounds. The return estimates so far are very low.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The bulkley is definitely low and clear but a few fish are being caught...I've been having more luck this year than last...tell ya that much! I havent's seen any with net marks or wounds but some of the coho did have some.

The Kispiox on the other hand is not fishable nor is the Bear due to low water, so stick to the Bulkley and Skeena and you should do fine. We did get some precip in and around Hazelton but it fell as snow (higher up obviously) which may have brought up some of the tributaries but not by much I suspect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.