BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Bunzten today and it was a great day. The clouds were out but the sun was poking threw at times, no rain! The water was calm and looked like a mirror. Perfect conditions.
The water level was very very high. I guess it had rained allot because the boat launch was under water and you could barely make it to the dock.
Fly fished all day. The trout were holding near the north east end of the lake close to shore. They were hiding in the weeds and broken down trees. I trolled around a "carrey special" around this area. The fish were biting here and I would recomend fishing this spot if you go.
Landed 3 very nice Rainbow Trout - lost one.

:thumbup:

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hook, it was a fairly long carrey with a black body and reddish brown wings.
Yeah the water level was crazy high!

· Banned
2,854 Posts
alot of people fish off the dock LOL thats almost under water right now LOL i think they are usually fishing bait either on the bottom or under a float. if you wanna fly fish the best would be to get out into the water.

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have herd of people catching trout from the docks but not very many. Like Hook said float and a worm or powerbait.
If you really wanna get into the trout your gonna need a boat. lol I just so happan to have one for sale, what a coincidence!
;D

· Registered
247 Posts
there is a trail around the lake and u can access the water in many areas to try fishing at. if u go left from boat launch (when facing lake) u can go around to one of the pump houses and i've seen many shore fishers do quite well from here. i too may have to throw v-boat in water this weekend.

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW what a day to hit the lake!
Amazing sunshine and perfect water conditions.
Anyone not hitting this lake is missing out!

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys, I havent fished Buntzen for a while now. Anybody hitting this lake?
Any reports? Its snowing now so I dont think i'll be going anytime soon. Has anyone fished Buntzen during the winter? Dose it have ice on it?

G

·
that lake isnt the same since the put the dog park in a few years back .where the dog park is i use to catch around 4 kokes and 4 trout everytime we fished there lol makes me feel old man that was a long time ago ?where does the time go ? lmao . i dont even think there is kokanee in there still lol sorry about spelling .where did they go ?fished out ? or did the hatchery raise them and then stopped for some reason ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.