BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone been fishing buntzen lake latley? last time i was there i seen ppl fishing on little docks along the east trail from the beach! i seen 2 docks with ppl fishing on them just wondering on what would be best to use there for i'd be fishing from shore! thanx

C.K.

·
Registered
901 Posts
best fished from a tube or boat
but if you fish the beach area and cast near the drop off you can get lucky
try this site for where the fish are
http://www.sharphooks.com/club.aspx

·
Registered
477 Posts
orange or green shrimp? or brown or lime green? or ghost shrimp? Questions questions questions. I used to have good luck using bright orange shrimp patterns at Paska Lake....I'm thinking of going to Buntzen soon. Any more info (PM's?) would be appreciated...Cheers -Nathan in NW

D

·
0 Posts
i was actully .. well not the ring,but 3 $ pack of shrimp ..... i works wonders as long as you get it to stay on your hook :p

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what your saying is store bought cooked shrimp works for trout?

·
Registered
477 Posts
LOL I'll give 'er a go on a wedding band...I've heard about people using cooked shrimp while ice fishing. Hilarious... :lol:
Cheers! -Nathan in NW

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lots of people in the 100 Mile area use shrimp(ring) icefishing and some of the few of them that fish the open water use shrimp then as well. I talked to a dude on Deka last weekend who swears shrimp are the best Kok bait on that lake (Although I know scented white corn is WAY better) but none the less I have caught a kok or two when shrimp was the only bait they would take. Cheers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can always cure the shrip. Just mixed them with sea salt and not only they last longer but also remains on the hook much better. :wink:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah salting the shrimp will take some of the moisture out...a firmer bait is a good thing when there are lotsa little ones chasin' your hook! :p LOL -Nathan in NW

·
Registered
74 Posts
One of my favorite places to fish!!! And its easy to hook some nice rainbows in there with any luck! Troll a ford fender (or willow leaf), with a RED wedding ring and a large juicy moving worm. Troll this combo with a small weight about ten to fifteen feet down and you'll surely catch several rainbows and kokanees within an hour or two. Early morning is best...

And for those who don't believe, there are a few monsters in that lake still...

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can get some big kokanee in buntzen-up to three lbs-if you know where and how to fish for them properly. But i wouldn't tell you how or where...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah about buntzen ..... Useless Absolute waste of time . Been up 4 times went early today 8 am left at 12 not a bite. Went last night 5 - 9pm Not a bight. Tho i do know if you have a boat and your a troller GET IN THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, Buddie pulled out a big one today. As far as that goes wait untill the temps drop and the water cools. I know there are fish in there they stocked the lake this year with over 5000 good size trout. Ne ways i will keep everyone posted.

Jamie

·
Registered
74 Posts
About the 'poor' fishing, went last weekend and caught my limit!!! 8) :p :lol: !!!

Two thirteen inch rainbows, a 11 inch and 10 inch kokanee!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts