BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never fished this lake and I was wondering what the regulations are for it. its not listed in the synopsis as far as I can tell unless I"m missing it completely. Is their an age restriction ? what about a bait restriction?

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
If a body of water doesn't appear in the regional fishing regulation listings that means that only the provincial and regional regulations are in effect (page 4 of the regs..."How to use this synopsis"). Buntzen does have a "no gas powered craft" regulation in effect.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I find the rainbow that come from Buntzen don't have any taste, the meat is white and mushy.
I guess they are the hatchery reared "Catchables" that they release. Has anybody else experienced this?

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
I have never eaten fish from this lake. I just go for the C&R you can sure have some good days on that lake.

·
Registered
452 Posts
That's the way pellet-fed catchables are. Not much point in dining on them as they're no different than the white-meated mushy things on the shelves at Safeway. May well have come from the same place.
The fishwizard has a listing for fry being stocked in the lake twice over the past few months. Those might be a better bet in about two or three years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts