BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out at Burnaby Lake for a walk today and ran into a GVRD Park guy. Asked him if anyone fishes Burnaby Lake (not Deer). He indicated that people do and that there are large carp. Not that I'm really interested in carp, but the wife likes walking around the lake so I thought I might try a couple of hours on the lake.

Has anyone fished Burnaby Lake? What did you catch? What did you use as a fly?

· Registered
25 Posts
I've fished it many years ago but did not hook any. Mostly likely because I have no real clue how to fish for carp.

I also paddle around it in my canoe fairly often because it is a nice paddle after dinner. There are indeed carp in the lake. You stir them up when you paddle, leaving v-shaped wakes as they scatter. Some of those wakes seem really large. I would like to learn how to fish for carp and try to fish it more often.

· Registered
4 Posts
The current issue of BC Sport Fishing has an article about carp fishing including bait/flies to use.

Also Northwest Flyfishing magazine in the past year had an article about carp fishing in eastern Washington.

Good luck.............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.