BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the deal is with this lake. Hit it hard first thing this morning and didnt have a strike or even see a fish rise. Shrimp were swimming like mad, thoushands, and thousands. Does anyone know if there are any fish in that lake. Lots of food, nice water, but fish?
cheers, tuber

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
I have fished that lake a fair bit tuber...trophy lake, fly only, catch and release...used to suffer from winter kill, now there are aerators running to stop that from happening. They can be very fickle fish, especially when the heat turns on...try blood worms right near the bottom or black chronies with silver trim suspended a few feet off it.

There are a couple "holes" in the lake as you may have noticed, but generally it is quite shallow,
it's well worth figuring out its secrets, but weather wreaks havoc on its mood... ;)

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do they remove the aerator during the summer months because i didnt see it anywhere on the lake. And is it possible that winter kill happened last year, because there was no sign of fish activity.

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
tuberdude said:
Do they remove the aerator during the summer months because i didnt see it anywhere on the lake. And is it possible that winter kill happened last year, because there was no sign of fish activity.
Not sure if they remove them or take them out, but I remember reading about it in an article about this lakes rehabilitation, this lake was a special little project of fisheries...if the aerators are gone, then I would guess it's possible winterkill could have occured again...

Tough lake.

· Registered
81 Posts
I fished there not to long ago...was a very moody lake... but seen some nice sized bows in water as shallow as 1' suckin up those shrimp!!! :happy: water was very low when iwas there and the weather was in the high 30s....aerators were there when i was there and runnin.... 8)

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
I know it well. It's similar to Vinson Lake off the connector. Tons of trophy fish and they have seen it all. If the mood should strike however, like it did to a couple of fellows at Vinson two weeks ago, well, your going to be the star of the show and put on a clinic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.