BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bushing bearing on an islander!
I was talking to a guy on the river to day. He had an islander center pin reel he used for a year, and did not like the ball bearings. He took it in, and had a bushing bearing installed and likes it a lot better. I was wondering how common this is, and were could you get this done?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a couple buddies who have that done to their Islander.....It spins awsome.....doesnt take as much weight to get the pin going, however due to its weight and design doesn't spin like a milner bushing........let me know if you want a contact # for a guy who does some awsome work on pins.... :thumbup: PS: If no one goes through with the sale of my islander im gonna get it done....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mmmroe

I have the Milner ball bearing, works great now. If the bearings have to be replaced down the road, I would like to go with a bushing bearing. I would like to get the guys number.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mmmroe

I have the Milner ball bearing, works great now. If the bearings have to be replaced down the road, I would like to go with a bushing bearing. I would like to get the guys number.
Don't do it! I have a bushing milner, I love my reel, but I'll be the first to say that an islander bearing reel spins 10x the milner. I had even broke in my milner for a week straight with a fan and the islander still spun better. Go to your tackle shop and compare the 2 guarantee islander will spin longer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts