BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The larger than life Hudson Brothers and I fished Buttle Lake today. Buttle is in the Strathcona Provincial Park near Campbell River. It's a huge lake and we were not overly optimistic but things turned out pretty good. I was trolling a sinking line with a Muddler minnow pattern and the others trolled a wedding band and worm and a small black tomic plug trolled deep with about 4 ounces of weight. We were hoping the plug would entice some of the larger cutties cruising the bottom. We each landed 5 fish in about 4 hours of fishing. The worm landed the largest, a cutthroat about 18 inches while my muddler produced the smallest fish around 14 inches. The plug hooked a pretty decent 4-5 pounder that spit the hook when it jumped. Beautiful day, beautiful lake. Surprising results for a coastal lake!

· Registered
452 Posts
Nice, clear underwater shots. What camera (make, model) took them? (Tasty looking fish too BTW)

· Registered
72 Posts
Nice fish...i love that lake...years ago my dad caught then realeased :wallbash: an unidenifiable 12in fish from this lake...it was silver long slender with big teeth and almost a pike mouth (my dads description)...any guesses anyone...to this day I can't believe he didn't take a pic :wallbash:...I apologize in advance if this is a post jack

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Someone I work with who is a beginer fly fisherman, fished Buttle a few weeks ago and reported good success with almost everything he tried; dries, nymphs, streamers...all good.

It's also high on my list to fish as I don't live that far from it.

Good job on the underwater shots and the fish BGM! ps...love the fishpond vest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.