BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Fly fishing buddy and I need help finding a place to fish this coming weekend. We wish to fish for trout in the area from Vancouver to Hope. Lake is preferred as we have the new pontoon boats as the tubes were getting us to cold. The water is just to cold for these 60 year old legs. We would like to try Tunkwa but I suspect it is still frozen over. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.... :?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Local lakes (Mike, Morgan, Francis, Rolley, Sayers,Bunsen) have been stocked recently. Was up at Rolley last week,landed 4 on small green/brown leech's floating line not far from the boat launch. They are not the best looking trout but fills the void until the ice melts :wink: .

Cheers

-RC

S

·
0 Posts
Tunkwa is closed until May 1st, regardless of ice. Try some of the Harrison area lakes in and around Sasquatch park.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I had forgot about Tunkwa being closed. I will give the other lakes a try. I get to Hicks and Deere on a regular basis but unless it is stocked it does not seem to do well. I want to try Harrrison lake this year to see if I can catch any cutthroat. Problem is we just have pontoon boats. Thanks again for the help!!! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went fishing

Well we went to Deere lake and it had snowed in the morning and so it was cold. Just about froze to death in the tube. No bites and not a lot of fun. Guess mother nature had different plans for us this weekend. Passed on fishing Sunday as I was not about to go back out in the cold water.

Maybe try it again in a couple of weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts