BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is where we will put all the pictures for everyone to see! And i do think it's a good idea that we have a poll on what pictures go where! All i know is i would like the november picture because the one i have in mind is excellent! Lets see what you guys got!

C.K.

· Registered
736 Posts
OK here goes nothing!! I think I got a couple!! :)

This one could be for summer. Was take at 6am on the Fraser.

or

Steelhead

Chinook

A tail shot of a spring I thought was pretty neat!!

Coho

November Chum

There is more, I have some more scenery shots, one cool one of the sunset on the Vedder. But I won't bother posting that one just yet, as I think I may have over doen it already!! :-[ :)

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
post em all but remember only good to great quality photo's will be considered!

· Registered
1,437 Posts
I do to .... I think it's one of the best scenery pics I've taken. Actually ....... they might be killer whales and they aren't following that fish boat for no reason. ;D ;D

Notice the sea gulls ......... they pick up the scraps that the whales leave behind. Oh ........ and by the way ....... that pod was about 4 miles long. Pic was taken off the coast of Port Hardy.

I've got lots of Sturgeon pics ..... but they all have people in them ........ and lord knows I ain't no calender child. ::) ::)

GOFISH 8)

· Registered
116 Posts
Here is a photo that was taken in the summer of 2004 when i worked up at Queen Charlotte Lodge. I remember the look of the guests face when the sealion hit!!

And last but least what better way to finish off the day with a tyee.

Steelie

· Premium Member
2,719 Posts
GOFISH said:
Actually ....... they might be killer whales and they aren't following that fish boat for no reason. ;D ;D
deffinately porpuses, we used to see those all the time they are the bigger ones that look like dolphins.......a lot like dolphins, but coloured sorta like a killer whale. the give away is the saddle marking behind the dorsal fin killer whales dont have that

· Registered
555 Posts
OOhhhh Stiff competition so far :-X
Here's my wack,

Chehalis coho in flood water

Small lake on the east side of stave

One of the Twin lakes east of Stave lake

Sunrise in the chehalis canyon

Chehalis canyon pool

Tunkwa lake

Chehalis summer run

Cariboo rainbow

Cariboo camping

Lundbom in the spring

Also lundbom in the spring

Releasing the chehalis summer run

A couple of leighton lake bows

Umm thats it for now, hope you like em' :D

· Registered
150 Posts
Fishaholic, while I do agree with you that they are not Killer Whales/Orcas, I disagree with you as to your reason. Orcas do have saddle patches - it is the recognized method of identifying Orcas. Take a look at these great pictures of Northern Pod orcas.

http://www.hickerphoto.com/killer-whale-pictures-cat.htm

Orcas were a significant hobby of mine -since being basically replaced by fishing. And a few summers ago, I had a great experience up in Port Hardy/Port McNeil area when we were out on a whale watching tour and later went to a research center in the same area.

Saw an Orca chase a Minke whale for about 16 miles....Minke got away, but what a chase! The power of both animals was unbelieveable...

For anybody interested in whale watching up there, take a look at this site , great people, very knowledgeable...(and no, I don't have any connections with them, other than as a guest)

http://www.whaletime.com/default.cfm

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Chris said:
OOhhhh Stiff competition so far :-X
Here's my wack,

Releasing the chehalis summer run

Umm thats it for now, hope you like em' :D
Nice Shot, this one gets my vote!

Chris, do you have this pic in a larger format?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.