BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how the fishing is at this lake? I would like to take a camping trip up there soon. How are the campsites, room for a small rv?
Havent been there before and would love some input into this place.
Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't know about the fishing but that is the area that the Olympic Nordic events are being set up in.
The Ski jump and cross country.
I imagine that the access would be pretty good for the overall area due to the massive construction going on in the valley.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, heading up there today till Sunday. Sould be a great trip. Let you guys know how the fishing goes.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I used to fish there quite a bit 15 years ago or more now...campsites used to be pretty good, not sure about the changes since the olympic venues started going up...some decent fish in there, some monsters would be rising in the evening every time I was out there, but the sizes caught were considerably smaller...say 14-18 inches...still not half bad...weed beds along the west side, deep and very clear lake....

Would be very interested to hear of what you found BCFisher...let us know how you do...

:cheers:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha thanks mikerotch11, thats my dream!

Fished and camped Callaghan Lake this weekend. First of all the road up there was deadly. After you get off the sweet new Olympic road you get on a steep, rocky, long 10km= logging road to the lake. Being in an RV it took me over an hour to reach the lake. There were at least 8 spots where I scraped bottom with my boat trailer. After I got there I set up camp at one of the parking lot campsites. No camping in the bush or near the lake. They are tryn to reclaim the land up there and rejuvenate the area. No big deal it was nice enough.

After two days of fishing the lake I have decided that there are no fish in there! Not one bite the whole time I was there. A real stinker. I was searching the bottom of the lake for fish and saw nothing. Beautiful lake though with gorgeous snow capped mountain views and the weather was great.

So sorry to report the bad news but I attempted to fish the lake with all types of flies and nothing. Had a great time just being outdoors and in nature nonetheless!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.