BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to campbell river tomorrow, if anyone is interested in hooking up for some spring fishing let me know via PM. I'll be there sometime around 10 and will be fishing by about noon until 4 or so.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sory Mad_Genie, I was off early in the morning and didn't get a chance to check my PMs.

Spent 7 hours on the river, caught some pinks, hooked into one spring....used everything I could. Only spring I saw landed was snagged.

With so many fish in the river I was suprised I only hooked into one, on the CP. It was exciting for the two minutes that I played it, too bad he popped the hook on me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Fished the Fly section yesterday morning. A beautiful morning, bright sun and some wildlife around. We got down to the river just before nine, and My partner was into three fish before I was even rigged up. He lost all three, and I stepped out to take over his spot. I touched a fish on the first cast and missed it. A couple of casts later and I was into something huge. I never saw it, but it must have been a Chinook. I fought it for at least ten minutes before it headed into fast water and broke me off. We were surprised to hit that guy, because we were out for trout or coho.
We left right after that because we realized that we had forgotten our licenses, his at home and mine in Victoria. A great half hour on the river though ;D.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
ambler said:
We left right after that because we realized that we had forgotten our licenses, his at home and mine in Victoria. A great half hour on the river though ;D.
That's the best part of buying your licence online....you can log in at any Internet Cafe and print off a new one if you need it (although you still need the original if you have stamps on it, since you can't yet buy them online)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.