BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey noticed the dearth of posts on Campbell River fishing, so thought I would try to get something going here. Up here with my son and pops and so far we've been out a day with some good luck and decent number of hits. Yesterday we were at the hump and fishing green spoons and anchovies. Had a couple hits at 50 or so feet at about 2pm on the anchovies, and pulled in two nice coho. The second one followed the line to the surface where we watched it hit the bait! Haven't seen that in years! Then we hit dogfish for a while and so we switched to green spoons. Landed one more coho before a dogfish took the spoon and that was that! Back to white spoons and then a couple more anchovies, but no more salmon for the day. The dogfish really seem to be out in force this year. We're heading out again tomorrow, and will post a report after that. Any one else got some tales to share for up here?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moe, I saw that! Biggest in many years! I guess he was fishing the Tyee pool out in front of the thunderbird rv park. Last night we drove past at dusk and there were a ton of boats out there. But I understand that it is a no motor area? Anyone have any luck in there? I guess you're just jigging in there and floating with the current, correct?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ive trolled out of a kayak before with a dipsy diver i think it is and a spoon. Up the sunshine coast, it just a nice day, ended up with a little coho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts