BC Fishing Reports banner

Camping in early August

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Barba 
#1 ·
I'd like to go camping in early August but i'd like some suggestions as to where to go. I'd like to be targetting some sort of salmon, whether it be pinks on the fly or whatever. I'd like to get out to fly fish for pinks, but I really have no idea where there are nice campgrounds where I could do so. Anywhere from Whistler all the way down to Hope would be where we would like to go. Any tips on camprgounds and rivers would be fine (Harrison, Squamish, Vedder)... also somewhere that isn't overly crowded. Thanks.
:peace:

#5 ·
Most hot spots are crowded, unless you have a boat.
Lots of bars around Hope are excellent. There are also many commercial camp grounds in Hope, some, like the Hope Holiday RV and campground, have avid fishing owners and will be happy to point you in the right direction.
That's if you want to fish the Fraser. There are also several lakes around Hope as well. Google Hope and you'll find more info.

#7 ·
Well, I can't say good spots for sure, but from the boat I noticed a lots of fishermans on the shore east of bridge towards the Fraser river.

Good luck,

Barba

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.