BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Travelling down from the Interior tomorrow, and not very familiar with reasonably priced/free places to camp with small boat access to the river. Know that Kilby is one option. Can anyone suggest any others in that same area.
Plus.. has anyone had any experience on the Harrison in the last few days Appreciate any tips.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Kilby or the squakum camp ground across the bay are the only 2 I can think of. I haven't been out but will be playing around out there a bit tomorrow, hopefully. It always fun to explore the different channels of the Harrison.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think there is anywhere else to camp in that area and trying to get into Kilby on a sunny Sat. will be virtually impossible, try getting there just before 11:00 AM as that is checkout time and your best option for getting a spot. Camped at Sqaukum last year, the boat launch is very shallow and I had to back out about a hundred feet into the bay to offload my boat(my boat is a twenty foot jet boat though) the campsite itself is nice enough but it attracts a lot of young people that like to party all night and there is little or no management present so don't expect anything to be done about it, lots of garbage around and just generally not well looked after, unfortunate really as it could be a nice spot, oh yeah a trip to the bathroom convinced me to go elsewhere to relieve myself and the thought of using the showers there made my skin crawl.
Another option might be the campsites up the east side of Harrison lake, there is three up there, Hicks, bench and Deer lake, you could camp up there pull your boat down and launch at the Harrison boat launch for the day, it's about a 5 or 10 minute boat ride to the mouth of the Harrison river. I fished up there for cutties about ten days ago, caught a few small ones on small minnow patterns.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
eimaj said:
Kilby or the squakum camp ground across the bay are the only 2 I can think of. I haven't been out but will be playing around out there a bit tomorrow, hopefully. It always fun to explore the different channels of the Harrison.

Were you on the Harrison yesterday eimaj ? I thought I passed you just above Knob rock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.