BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just wanna catch a fish. Can someone give me a little info on what to do so i can catch my first steelhead. Location isn't a problem. Not too far east or west, i am right in the middle, Pitt Meadows. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Just read around on the forums, I'm sure you'll find out exactly what to use, where to go, and how to fish it. There is a lot of posts like this going around on the forums.....

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
reelangler said:
Hey guys. I just wanna catch a fish. Can someone give me a little info on what to do so i can catch my first steelhead. Location isn't a problem. Not too far east or west, i am right in the middle, Pitt Meadows. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Just as Mike said use the forums, especially the "handy" search tool. Reading books on the subject is good too. With books you can read up on holding water etc..

When you do hit the river try and stick to a few lures/bait and cover lots of water, I mean lots. If you haven't already, give the "Steelhead Circuit" thread a read through....here is the link http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2482.0.

Always be on the lookout for "fishey" water, especially current seams and deeper runs with a lot of boulder structure underneath. Never overlook a piece of water as sometimes you can hook one in a tailout that is only a foot or two deep. As for lures, roe is always a good choice, your tackle store usually will have roe and pre-tied roesacs available. You can also use spinners (I use colorado blades), pink worms, wool colour combos, gooey bobs and jigs.

Most importantly is to be persistent. Never head out to the river with the expectations of a steelhead, this way you wont be disappointed when you leave empty handed ;). Remember, sometimes it can take a while to land your first bar of steel, trust me I know. I spent countless hours through 3 seasons on the river with nothing more than a few takes but no solid hook-ups. This is when persistence comes into play, eventually you will learn more with your experience on the river and start to be able to read the river better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.