BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i went to squamish and manquam river with my kids and witness 2 difference party bonking pinks,luckily DFO just arrived in time,one party got caught right away and the other party yell out that they got status(FN status?) so whats going on,so i thought that there are no retention at all in that area. ??? ???
DFO was out there yesterday in the whole afternoon when i was there,they hide in the bushes and watch from across the river too.Read your regulation guys before too late

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hook Set said:
I was out there too and witnessed that. I was happy to see those guys get busted. We yelled at the other two guys but they just acted like they couldn't hear us.
Ya, Hook Set and I saw a guy bonk one, then later on, 2 other guys bonked a fish while a CO was crouched on the train bridge watching them the whole time. BUSTED :thumbup: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yeah good too hear them out for sure.And undercover work to boot. It's funny to see howmany people just don't know. I saw the same thing in '05.

Hotrod

·
Retired staff
6,673 Posts
I am particularly glad to see it. I was there early in the week and witnessed some "anglers" snagging fish at night with a large bright lantern right next to shore. I called the incident in to DFO's RAPP line and left it at that. I do not know if they were able to respond in time to the incident I reported, but I am glad they are out there now.

Great to see! :thumbup:

Program the RAPP line into your phones everyone...! Do it now or you'll start doing something else and forget...There's no excuse not to have it with you when your out fishing any of our waters...

1-800-465-4336

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes it appears FN can take fish where sport regulations are otherwise c&r. I have seen it and heard of it and once or twice talked to FN anglers who say it doesn't apply to them. I think this is an administrative thing as no one believe a court will convict a FN person under these circumstances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.