BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about going out on the salt today. I got a report from a friend working on the water today. After the big winds in Vancouver yesterday, he says the water is calm but really turbid. Will this totally kill the fishing for the next few days around Vancouver? Is hole in the wall or an island a much better bet? Or should it not make a big difference?

Thanks

·
Registered
816 Posts
Water colour does make a differance but mostly for the colour of the lure you use. The muddy water in English Bay right now is from the Fraser and likely it is only twenty or so feet deep. Under the Fraser water it should be more clear. However, you never know. Algea blooms can go pretty deep but when one is on you usually get crap on your down rigger. Certainly abig reason we use flashers around the lowermain land is the water colour but I doubt there is a time when it is to murky.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, thanks for your help. What you are saying is that it makes sense to go fishing - i guess it always makes some sense to go fishing! Was meant to go yesterday and the high winds stopped that so i'm extra eager to get out there now!
Thanks once again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.