BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Canim Lake on the Labour Day weekend to help some friends close-up after the summer at their cabin...Who's got some info on this large lake? My friends say they have never seen anyone catch anything, so I told them I would..!!
Can somebody help me show them there ARE fish in the lake.?......Ortho 8)

G

·
There are big lakers in there. I fished there last year only once with a buddy who has a cabin there and he knows what hes doin and has all the spots on the gps. We caught them down riggin with 12" rapalas. The fish we caught that weekend were 8lb to 15lb but he's caught them to 30lb.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
OOOOOOOO........... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!! Great first post STIHLHEAD. If you want to share
a couple of areas to consintrate in a PM would be great.... ;D Oh and welcome to the greatest
forum around....!!

:beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
101 Posts
Like Stihlhead said... big lakers! but hard to catch. Canim is reknown for some heavy winds that can blow in quickly with little notice: car-toppers beware!!!

There are some really nice trout lakes in the area, some fabulous stream and river fishing, and if you love the feel of a feisty laker there is a smaller lake not far that has limited access but lots of fish.

Watch the regs for the region as lake trout are non-retention in the autumn in some lakes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I used to flyfish Canim Lake every summer for a week in august. Family vacation with a fishing worked in. Previous comments are exactly right. Big lake and big water so watch out for wind. I found around any weed beds was good fishing. There is a large creek that comes in about 1/3 of the way down from the west on the north shore. If you look on a map, there is a V shaped bay with the creek at the top of the V. This bay is full of weed and good fishing on the outside edge with leech, spratley and the like if there are no hatches. Also Jim Creek comes in about 2/3 of the way down from the west on the south side. Looks really barren as it is a gravel and sand beach, but a beetle pattern chucked into the creek outflow and let drift into the lake can be good. There are lots of weed beds at the west end but there is a no fishing zone there also. Also some weed beds out in front and east of Rainbow Resort that were not bad. Small lakes in the area, like Howard are far better for fly fishing but but you can make the choice .
Hope this helps a bit, tight lines..........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.