BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swithched from steel to braided line and now I have to hold the up button continually to get the ball to the surface. It used to work automatically with the steel line. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong.

I also have a brand new electric Cannon downrigger for sale. Cost new $650 US.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Petehope:

When I was going through my Canon electric DR a couple of years ago to rebuild, I recall seeing how the "auto up" feature worked. It requires an electrical circuit and starts in the spool of wire and then goes down into the water. Upon ascending, as soon as the ball (or plastic connector in my case) clears the water, the circuit is broken and the "auto up" turns off and stops the motor.

I suppose that makes sense that with braided line, it surely is non-conductive. So, I guess this probably won't work then.

Earlier this spring I had read a thread on here about the merits of braided vs steel and was planning to switch mine over one of these days.... hmmm, maybe not. I really like the auto up feature, especially when short-handed at the back of the boat some days.

~markb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.