BC Fishing Reports banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
841 - 851 of 851 Posts

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #841
My question is this. Sure a medical doctor has a ethic and legal responsibility to report the facts and an opinion based on medical evidence, but at what point does that information get released and to whom? I imagine when player discipline is involved, the doctor is obligated.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Legally that would still be up to the player I would think, and the doctor would not be obligated to release that info to anyone otherwise, unless under court order, an authority which the league disciplinarians office doesn't fit...

Obviously in this instance and probably most instances it would likely be in the players and the teams best interest to release that information to the league under confidentiality otherwise the injury might be interpreted as less severe...

Other than that, being so close to the playoffs and depending on Shanahan's decision, they might choose not release it publicly...Lots at play in that regard.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I am quite certain that it is covered under the CBA. Employers routinely receive medical reports on employees injured on the job. the Dr. is obliged, as is the patient, to provide medical information regarding WCB claims. Who do you think gets the medical reports of a pre-employment or in-service medical exam. The patient has privacy rights, but they are not absolute and can be waived as a condition of employment. Niave to think the league would not have the relevant medical information supplied to them, or that such information would be fraudulent. What the press receives is a completely different matter, but injury and discipline matters are an internal business concern for the league.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
5 games but all it does is give him a rest for the playoffs, take away one playoff game as well, they say they want this type of thing out of the league well then do something about it, that was as dirty a hit as you will see, intent to injure no other way to look at it and the head was the target plain and simple....daniels hit on keith happens every game.....and i disagree with the response from the nucks was good, they did squat, someone has to come in swinging, make him fight back, pushing and shoving and face washing is a copout on a play like that....your number one goal scorer gets smoked with an elbow to the head, comeon someone do something about it

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #846 (Edited)
Tied for first in the Conference. They have a lot of depth right now it seems. Ebett gets the winner in OT, nice to see that little guy get back in the mix. Still waiting to hear about Daniel and Bieksa. Can't help but feel bad for Calgary, they ave some soul searching to do. Is it going to be Dallas for us in the first round?

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Tied for first in the Conference. They have a lot of depth right now it seems. Ebett gets the winner in OT, nice to see that little guy get back in the mix. Still waiting to hear about Hank and Bieksa. Can't help but feel bad for Calgary, they ave some soul searching to do. Is it going to be Dallas for us in the first round?
Hehehe...the way it stands right now, we'd be playing...San Jose...Lmao. Damned but wouldn't that be funny! Sure would make for an interesting climax to a season full of banter wouldn;t it? ;)

3 games each left for the quartet down at the bottom of the conference...Dallas looks to have a pretty tough remaining schedule compared to the rest, but LA has a huge role to play in the way things finish too.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
We all saw the disorganized power play, Schneider not holding a 2nd period lead.
That's ok, though. Shat happens.
You'll lose some you should win, and win some you should lose.
We all get that.

(It sucks against the Flames, but still, it happens)

But what should irk BC fans----- when Bitz plays for 10 minutes he should have more than one hit,
especially against a hated team like Calgary.

They don't pay him to stick-handle like Peter Forsberg;
he isn't expected to skate like Denis Savard.

You may recall that the playoffs get physical...and in a hurry.

Take the body, big boy....that's your job---one of your mates will find the puck.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Well, I watched the game last night and I was wondering what was in AV's head. Schnieder was awful. Should have been pulled after the first time he touched the puck and give it away to a Flame. If the Flames could handle gifts, Schnieds would have spotted them 4 or 5 goals before the end of the 2nd. And the goals he let in, I know the D let him down, but those are the goals a top goalie has to make for the team. It just kills to see that kind of game when there is a #1 goalie sitting on the bench getting slivers. If this is the kind of decision making AV, Gillis and the rest are making, I fear for our playoff lives.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Wow talk about getting that Presidents trophy but the skin of our teeth! Thought we lost that.....

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #851
On that note, it's time to retire this thread and start a new one for the Playoffs. Go Nucks!

841 - 851 of 851 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.