BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont want to make it any worse, but checked out dogleg (saw 2 fish) and cable pool (1). no one sniffed anything. went down to the mouth and didn't see a single fish jump. really f'n bizarre man. there really should be fish with water levels and the great tide we had tonight...shouldn't we see some fish? let's hope they are super late, feeding on super late schools of baitfish somewhere...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? the cap run is over? traditionally the heavy coho run doesn't start until the end of the month and into october i thought...maybe i am wrong.
that being said, there should be fish in august...
i am just basing this on 80s fishing on the chuck tho..,which used to be amazing. its quite a river, a real shame to see it in trouble.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Haha...No, the run isnt over... but sure, there are low numbers of fish.

Started off at the mouth today, no jumpers. Figured the fish moved up with the push so I left and fished the canyon for awhile. Didnt see many fish. Did see a nice steelhead though. Stopped by the hatchery and saw a number of fish in the ladder. Bunch of springs. They are coming! :thumbup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
wishiniwasfishin said:
really? the cap run is over? traditionally the heavy coho run doesn't start until the end of the month and into october i thought...maybe i am wrong.
that being said, there should be fish in august...
i am just basing this on 80s fishing on the chuck tho..,which used to be amazing. its quite a river, a real shame to see it in trouble.
and there will be some. Run itself is not over, but number of fish is very VERY low, all due to fry bacteria kill few years back ... last year was mazing, and next year will be ok too unless there will be another accident.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
nayhkilas said:
hey man, the run on Cap is very low this year, it's all over almost ... I doubt you will find any coho who will be willing to bite this time if the year ...
nayhkilas said:
and there will be some. Run itself is not over, but number of fish is very VERY low, all due to fry bacteria kill few years back ... last year was mazing, and next year will be ok too unless there will be another accident.
Hear we go again with the back pedalling..... ::) I swear you must be a politiction...
This happened a few years back also , the major portion of the run showed up 3 weeks late. You never know whats going to happen, yes the run is low but I don't beleave it is almost over with-out really begining

·
Registered
417 Posts
bill said:
nayhkilas said:
hey man, the run on Cap is very low this year, it's all over almost ... I doubt you will find any coho who will be willing to bite this time if the year ...
nayhkilas said:
Hear we go again with the back pedalling..... ::) I swear you must be a politiction...
This happened a few years back also , the major portion of the run showed up 3 weeks late. You never know whats going to happen, yes the run is low but I don't beleave it is almost over with-out really begining
go and ask hatchery workers

·
Registered
417 Posts
bill said:
nayhkilas said:
nayhkilas said:
also, I am not sure what you call back pedalling Bill. Read thorough

nayhkilas said:
it's all over almost ... any coho who will be willing to bite this time if the year ...
You understand means of word almost, plus there is some coho mentioned above.

and then

nayhkilas said:
and there will be some. Run itself is not over, but number of fish is very VERY low.....
In short words, it is still pedalling forward but with different words, as all said above is exactly the same - number of fish is LOW ::) ;)

·
Registered
695 Posts
i don't know about you guys but its not over yet as i seen atleast a doz splashed today and managed to hook one as well play for a few tosses in the air and off it came.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.