BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after work decided to give her another go,got there around 6ish and went by the fools pool to watch everyone casting like mad only to hook each other :D.So after a few mins of laughter i went along the trail and down into a quite piece of water where there was one guy fishing :eek: so i rigged up and began casting after about an hour this fellow decides to pack up and leave and of course he says this is my last cast and i'm outta here, on the retivral his float goes down and he got one on,a few mins later he brings in a 1.5-2lbs chromie.He cleand his catch and figures he can hook another so up until around 9:30 we fished the run and nothing for either of us for the rest of the nite.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
After months of waiting I finally hit paydirt today! Ten landed and a half a dozen hooked and lost! Took home a couple of beauties and one was pushng 5 lbs too. Man the meat on these fish are so sockeye orange like but taste better.

Tight lines boys!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Hotrod

G

·
I was at the cap today seen some beauty fish being pulled out of there, I had one really fast hit and nothing after that.

I was there from 12:30 - 4:00

Started at Cable pool then went to dog leg then 3 rocks then finished at cable at the end of the day.

No fish for me, but enjoyed the hike down to 3 rocks and I really enjoyed it on the way back up :thumbup:

This was my first time at this river, and I think its a pretty nice River, hopefully i can make it back out there again and try my luck.

Biggest fish I seen today was around 5 or 6 pounds Bullet Chrome

·
Registered
411 Posts
There are a couple of good size slabs in the ladder as of this morning, I would say close to 6lbs. Not lots in the ladder for this time of year but that doesnt mean they arent in the river 8)

Freak, three rocks is some nice water eh, how did you like the climb down the side of the hill :confused: Or for that matter the walk back up :happy:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Cap_Slayer said:
There are a couple of good size slabs in the ladder as of this morning, I would say close to 6lbs. Not lots in the ladder for this time of year but that doesnt mean they arent in the river 8)

Freak, three rocks is some nice water eh, how did you like the climb down the side of the hill :confused: Or for that matter the walk back up :happy:
If it was anything like a couple of our climbs back up from the river beds on other rivers.... I am guessing that it wasn't pretty. ;D ;D Probably a lot of swearing and a lot of "this sucks so much ass". ;D Were you on your back looking at the sky saying, "why?" ;D

Nice to hear that you saw some fish Freak, sorry I couldn't make it. :'(

·
Registered
411 Posts
Oh Big Steel,

Oh ya it is a climb and a half up the hill, your quads sure get a good work out, as it depends on what way you go up as it could be straight up. You don't want to be packing your limit of huge coho out of that area.

I wil say one thing if going into three rocks watch the tree roots as when wet they are like motor oil, I slipped and well bounced all the way from the top to the bottom there one year.

·
Registered
648 Posts
the hike to 3 rocks is a ribwart 3/5, you guys want real fun, try a rib 4/5, or perhaps the perfect 5/5, that would be a 4/5 with 3 feet of snow!!!! hey, I'm nearly 50, and made it up the other day with my fish, and nates' fish. served me right for wearing the vest...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yeah that's a quad killer for me and yeah those tree roots are slippery like oil . That's a good way to describe it. I know of a couple of others that are killer too!

Hotrod

G

·
This time Dave, I did allright coming up I wasnt laying on my back like last time, but i was soaked in swet coming up, my glasses kept fogging up so i couldnt see going up or down, but yeah after i came back up my knees were banging against each other shaking so much :happy: I guess the 20 pounds i have lost from dieting out and going to the gym helped out allot :thumbup:

I was in bed pretty early lastnight ;D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
was out there this morning in hopes to land one for fathers day,the only thing i got was a lot exercise ;D water was nice not to high and the weather held up,also ran into another member ,ogobogo it was a pleasure chating with u hope you did better than myself.I know where all the fish are holding in Hot Rods freezer ;D

cheers
scruffy

·
Registered
411 Posts
Man if you hit three rocks from the West OMG I have done it a couple of times and you got to be like a Mountain goat, I was hanging there holding onto roots in order to make it down.

Eh Hot Rod..
Do you think they would like Stairway to Heaven? Now that is a killer on the quads I find that worse then three rocks.

But the water in some of the spots is well worth the burning quads coming out :peace:

G

·
I think we went down the tough way hanging off roots , and the rod cork in my mouth climbing down i was pretty sore when i got home, when i was coming up i didnt think i was coming home LOL !!! that was a crazy hike, worse then the hike up from behind the limit hole on the other side. I have now noted to myself that 3 rocks is one place to avoid. even though i survived the climb back up but it was a fun day no doubt..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.