BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working in North Vancouver today so I took my rod and gear with me. I left work at about 3:00pm and headed up to the Cap to meet up with Scruffy over at the hatchery parking lot. The water was up to the 4' mark and looked fast and brownish. We headed down to Dog Leg and there was two guys already there. We watched them for a bout 5 minutes. The water looked too high and fast for our liking so we decided to head down river to a nice little hole we like to fish. We hit the flow hard with various blades, jigs, and wool patterns. Fished for about 1 1/2 hours and still nothing. I put on a silver plated blade and on the second drift my float went down hard, fish on! I managed to hook and land this nice Red Spring Jack. I was using my 2106b with 10lb. main line and 8lb. leader.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
young gun said:
Nice fish. I like the reel aswell, shines bright 8) I'm building one is engineering/metal class, hopefully i'll have it done in 9 months.
Yes, scruffy was using his 2106lb but unfortunately no luck for him that day. :( He did pull out a nice red jack that's a little bigger than my fish on Tuesday. ;D

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
That's cool! Alot of red jacks this year! Man those little guys are good fighters! Good report.

Oh Yeah! I hooked and landed my first spring yesterday. A nice 22 lb hrn that was an absolute chrome bullet. I have yet to see one that is dark. Thus far they have all been very nice fish! The one day I don't bring my camera! :wallbash:

Hotrod

·
Registered
267 Posts
Was down at the Cap today for a couple hours. Didn't see many fish while I was there, probably came in at the same time as they have been these past few days. The water was at a great level as well. Stopped in for a look at the hatchery after, and there was a fair few in the ladder. Small Coho, big coho, and some BIG springs as well. Looks like the big ones are showing up in better numbers now.

-Cap Mano

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I have to agree wih you on the springs in the river now.Lets hope the flow stays medium to slow those big boys down and have a last crack at some og the big cohos I've seen come through the lower end a couple of weeks ago. Chums startin gto show more number too!

Hotrod

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Capilano Mano said:
Was down at the Cap today for a couple hours. Didn't see many fish while I was there, probably came in at the same time as they have been these past few days. The water was at a great level as well. Stopped in for a look at the hatchery after, and there was a fair few in the ladder. Small Coho, big coho, and some BIG springs as well. Looks like the big ones are showing up in better numbers now.

-Cap Mano
Hey cap mano, I'm surprised you didn't see many fish throughout the river today. What time were you up there? How did the water look? Was it still brown?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was at the river from about 2-4 yesterday. On my way out I ran into an old friend that I chatted with for a while, and thats when it seemed like there was the odd fish coming in. As fot the water clarity. It's really not that brown any more. Water looked pretty good.

-Cap Mano

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.