BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Same ol

Same ol same ol, went out this weekend & notta darn sniff. you could see them clear as day just below the Bridge in the pool just below the hatch, one guy nail'd something i could hear him scream in the distance. (mabey he just fell in) :twisted:
other than that not much. lots a little puppies nibblin away. But no takers this week.(mabey next) does anyone know the good time to fish there???

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I've always found it most productive in higher water, less time for the fish to decide its fate, etc......
Basically, the best is after a few days of good rain, once the water comes up a bit and the dam is releasing some flow.....
hope that helps,
rib

·
Registered
283 Posts
mmmmm

I am sure i saw at least 6 good size ones just sittin there laughin at me :lol: i kept tossing it right in front of them & they would smell a bit then look at ya like come on man im sure you can do better than that... :lol: But im heading there again fri morn. just to practice for the ved so mabey they will like me this time .. i doubt it though, ive never caught anything over 10" there.. god knows why :cry:

·
Registered
31 Posts
cus its the cap 8) .... told you not to get dissapointed.. just enjoy it, they will come... what pound leader u using? and what are u using?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Naa i dont care that much..lol

I dont ever get upset with fishin. my idea of good fishin is just gettin away from the wife...lol God i hope she dont read this..lol I dont care if its an empty day just to get out & throw the line thats all that matters. @ 1 with nature.. like BOb Izumi..(spelling?) lol .. well i didnt have time to pick up anything fancy last time. so i stop'd at the gas station & the guy said they were catchin them with worms like madd.. so i took his advice & just put like a couple of half pound wieghts on & threw em in...mind you im not a pro im used to basic worms ect. thats why im glad to have join;d this forum so i can really learn how to fish...lol
:wink:
any ideas would be a big help for tomorrows adventure!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
well i dont know about the worms, never tried them.. only pink worms (plastic)... i would pick up some jensen eggs and wool... umm i guess since your new to this kind of fishing you dont know the bait loop eh? hmm well my first recommendation is to hit up highwater tackle... dave will give you a hand with what you need hes a super cool dude, and VERY helpful.. if you are going first light or before highwater opens (10 i believe), and you dont have any tackle or anything, what i would do is i would minimize your weight as much as possible cus the cap is very clear (you could see the fish) and also get small hooks, light leader (6-8 pound maxxxx) and if you can see the fish cast out about 45 degrees above them and then let it flow down towards them... dont hit bottom with your weight as this may scare them.. stay off the ground and about 1 to 2 feet above the fish... they will take offerings above them if theyre intrested.. also if those fish arent biting.. move find another run, and work it.. thats all i got.. good luck out there... let us know how u do

·
Banned
279 Posts
3 split shots a 20 gram drennan piker fluorocarbon leader and #4 gammy with some white wool and a jensen egg and you have a perfect cap setup.

·
Registered
283 Posts
WHAT A DAY !!!!

Good god what a day!! first started at 7 am.got all ready to go. first thing my nieghbors car blew a tire & he need'd my help. so after killing an hour helping him. I flew off to walmart to pick up my day licence.. I get there & the girl says ooooh we dont have any, the fishing police took them (her words) you have to go to high water. ( first thought why didnt i go there first) so i went all the way back to highwater. got my licence & thought ok now its almost 11 i can be in the water by Noon. so i arrive to find theye are doing road work at the cap & i cant get by for about 20mins.. sooooo as im sitting there swearing to myself..lol... i finaly get by & im in the water by 12:20. everything was going smooth for the first hour ,, no bites but im thinkin its still early. just then i go to cast & noticed the pin holding my reel handle has fell out, so i think well i'll just becarful casting.. well after 3 casts. I hear thud PLOP splash. (of course i decided to fish off the cliff..) then i noticed it was my reel handle that fell about 10 feet down & another 10 feet below the surface..... WELL lets just say im glad there were no little kids around cause im sure the people in whistler heard me swear.. so if you were anywhere near the cap & u heard the F word as if it were comming through a bull horn..nope that was me...every bird in the area flew away when i drop'd my reel. i almost jump'd in after it.. sooo to make long story short. that was my suuuuuper day at the cap.. GOOD TIMES I TELL YA :? Cant wait till sunday for round two...lol.
Mind you i dont drive so i did all this on foot & Bus. so it made it suck even more

·
Registered
131 Posts
AH HELL! we all had days like that, but those days seem so worth while when you finaly get out and hook something so keep your chin up.

·
Registered
648 Posts
had a day like that this fall, fishing for pinks in the Fraser with my boy, heard a splash, turned to my boy and asked "was that a fish?" to which he replied "no dad, it was something black, and I think it came off your rod!"

·
Registered
283 Posts
that is the most awful feeling

Man i hate those days. I even said to myself before i left. G I should bring that extra reel just incase... But NOOOO im not that sharp..lol .. Its the worst feeling to hear PLOP & ya know yer days over. But ya just wanna jump the guy down stream & steal his.. :lol: ... Im hopin tomorrow will be better.... what a beautiful day for fishin though, my lord i felt like i was in Gods country. for the first Hour... lol...

·
Registered
283 Posts
its not as bad as last summer

Last summer i went with a buddy out along the 2 pink apt building & we were havin a blast he just bought a new boat & new down rigger & we were set & when after the first hour we caught something but as we were bringin her to the surface it kick'd & knocked off my buddies down rigger & all right into the ocean.. He just bought it & forgot to put the holding pin in & splash there she goes... i almost died ( of laughter) just kiddin,,,lol.. so i guess my day wasnt that badd...lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
gonna nail one tomorrow

Goin to the mouth of the cap where the bridge is, right where the ocean comes in, do i need a salt water licence or a fresh. im not sure cause up the river its fresh, but wasnt sure about the bottom.....
& if anyone wants to join me i'll be on the water by 8am i hope...lol
scott

·
Banned
279 Posts
I dought there would be much fish down low. Most of the run is in the canyon right now, keep fishing the cable pool area and thats your best chance.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Really?

Are they up there. i was there 2 weeks ago & notta . couldnt even see any, so ya think the cable pools my best bet. thanks fer the help.. well i'll hopfuly be at the cable pool by 8 if anyone wants to join me..
mmmmmmmk then
scott

1 - 20 of 51 Posts