BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess we need a new one . Nice job on the fish buddy, im gonna hit er again this weekend im sure it will be any day now, lol :lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
nice to see you're the only one around. that spot reminds of the vedder when the fish really start running in the fall :shock: :roll: . pretty fish. hope it made for a good dinner.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Hey schlock, did you head up on Monday?

Does anyone have a report on the water levels and clarity? I am considering going up tomorrow...
Thx,
Rib

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i was there on monday, saw a few sittin in the cable pool, pretty clear water,gettin deeper thats for sure no way to get across, Im gonna het er up this weekend as well, check out http://www.members.axion.net/~vkc/ for a cam view thats what i go by these days

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have an old bud and his family in town for a week. they work in Cambodia. Their 2 1/2 yr old boy doesn't recall bubcus from his last time here and so atfer a night and well into the moring of catching up, we figured a trip to the hatchery would get the kid all wound up and happy. went this afternoon @ around noon. Quite a few fish in the ladder and the hatchery. the river was @ 3m or ft whatever the guage reads at on the falls. low and clear. Never one to miss a chance to throw a line I brought the rod and roe and went w/ the crew down to dogleg. I know I cheesed some people off when on the 2nd cast bang dinner on, i mean fish. nice little 3lb coho for dinner to night and my buddies kid "helped" me reel it in. even carried it up to his mum all proud. A nice day on the river for all. :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet hope i have that kinda luck this weekend, Good for u weev its nice when ya steal another mans dinner...lol..

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Well Gentlemen, I may be heading up to the Cap on Monday morning....Maybe we could have a mini fish out of sorts...? Anyone interested? Let's hook it up.
Thx,
Rib

·
Registered
225 Posts
too low, too clear and too crowded :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . standing so close to your neighbour I thought it was the vedder. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . didn't get a sniff nor did the 600 other people in the upper river. wow can't wait till you all go back to work tomorrow. might try a quick line for an hour in the late morning. but w/ friends in town and Game 7 on plus the world cup in the AM I may not make it. :wink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was at the cap for a few hours this evening with the fly rod. fished a few different pools with nothing. lots of people, no hookups everywhere i saw. I hiked a bit to try and find some fish but came up empty. Beautiful day out there though.

good luck guys,
Chris

·
Registered
274 Posts
Went out to the cap this morning with Rain Shadow,it wasnt that many fishermen early this morning until later on in the afternoon,hookd 3 within 2 of us,seen 2 others bonked.but nothing in the afternoon.way too many fishermen in the afternoon,will be good in the weekdays :wink:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Well!!!! On that note, it sounds like things are less than optimal....I have a tee time at 600 am and will decide whether or not to go up to the "capper" when I get back... I'll check in here about 1100 am and see if any new info has come up, otherwise have a good one to you all...
ciao fer now,
Rib

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
leaping tyee mind if i ask what part of the river you were fishing in? upper, lower?

·
Registered
263 Posts
There are still some fish moving through the system but the fishing is tough because the water is down to one foot above cable pool. There are quite a few hanging out in cable pool but they are gonna be spooked from all the lines in the water on the weekend.

·
Registered
225 Posts
best time to fish is w/ the water between 3&4ft on the falls gauge. anything lower is not so good. IMHO

·
Registered
411 Posts
Let the ripping start, Cable Pool is loaded with Coho :roll: :roll: :roll: The only way now a fish will come out of Cable is if it is flossed :evil: :evil:

Fly fishing will be the only way now until the water comes up again.

D

·
0 Posts
i dont think the water will be coming up soon unless we have a freak rain storm .was there on sunday also but we left the crowd to find our own spot and what a spot we found. no coho ,but i caught a couple nice rainbows. those are trout for you salmon guys hahahaha 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
spoons work

I once in a while have luck getting coho to strike a spoon or sometimes spinner.
I usualy use a gibbs croc , gold or silver w/red stripe, in the low and slow pools.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts