BC Fishing Reports banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I heard last night the river came 1 ft so I dragged my ass down to my honey hole to find it true. Fourth cast in I hooked,rolled and lost around a 5 lb'er.About ten mins later I hit paydirt bringing in the biggest coho of this season for me. A nice 8lb doe that put up a beauty of a fight and tasted like gold on the new BBQ tonight. IT aint over yet fellas! With all of todays rain I'm sure she up again!

Hotrod

PS. Tommorrow I'll take my camera.

· Registered
736 Posts
Nice to hear HotRod. Great job and keep it up. That darn river still has me beat, mind you I have only fished it twice. :wallbash: Don't really like the Cap much though, it just doesn't do it for me.... :-\ Great job on all the guys that love it and do well there. ;D :cheers:

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These fish will be around til september then the big northerns start to come round then!

Hotrod

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AAAYYUUUUP!
They become a little more scarce once the drought coditions start but then you can still have a good shot at them at the mouth and maybe even hook into a spring or two.............Summer steel too!
I fish the Cap almost daily, so I've put my time in for sure!

Hotrod

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hotrod

· Registered
1,113 Posts
The term northern has different definitions to different anglers. Originally the term was applied to races of coho from northern streams and rivers that were over 20 lbs. The term has also been used in Southern locales to describe coho that run later in the season because they are larger than the previous coho in the system. The truth is that these fish are larger only because they have spent the extra month or two stocking up on the good ocean groceries that are available in the late summer. It may also be true that they have spent that extra time in the north (Gulf of Alaska) where the the nutrient biomass generates massive amounts of available food stuffs for these fish and they can gorge themselves. Conversion ratios (food consumed/weight gained) are extremely high in these late run fish as well.

Cheers :beerchug:

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I use roe dude!

I got a report of hundreds of fish in the cable pool yesterday.Ooddles of fish went through on friday's high water. I was out today for a good part of the day and was into 7 fish all in the 3lb range.My buddy hooked and lost a spring yesterday too!It's amazing that we have tthese conditions right now! You couldn't ask for better for coho's in the Cap

Hotrod

· Banned
2,854 Posts
is early morning usually the best on the cap i have fished it a few times but only hooked fishing in the chuck outside the mouth never hooked one in the freshwater areas of the cap

any tips HR for a CAP newbie LOL maybe i might go and give her another go with some roe in the couple spots i have been to before

the river high/low?? good area to try i may not know away from the retarded crowds ??

thanks

HOOK

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Best fishing is usually the first light to just after 12 noon.I would say your best net would be to get the the cable pool and start there and work your way down. Talk to other guys who are out and feel free to ask around about where to go . There will be enough guys going out that you'll see where to go.Now is a good time to be fishing as river conditions are perfect and the fish are biting and you may hook into some summer steel too.They've started there movement too.Roe and blades dudue

Hotrod

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.