BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Even with the low water, there are a lot of fish in the hatchery, and quite a few hanging around Cable Pool. They were all looking dark, and therefore must have been in the river for awhile, but with a bit of water it should get fun real quick.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wife just called and reportd the Cap is still low. Hope this next batch of rain, brings the resivior level up and they open the dam.

Ill try to keep posting updates.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Any rise in the level after yesterdays rain?
I'm wanting to head up there on Sat w/ the girl for my b day, wondering if maybe the dam has been opened up or not? Maybe they'll open the gates just for me?
Did levels come up at all with the recent rains?
Any info over the next two days would be great, need to decide by saturday morning....
Thx,
Rib

·
Registered
225 Posts
lynn creek and mosquito creek were up and it was raining reasonably hard over here for most of the day. However @ around 2pm I crossed over both the Cap and the Seymour and there was no change in the water levels. Like Fishaholic said, think about end of the month to early Oct before things heat up. not to say there are no fish in the river but as stated earlier they've been there a while. as well with what looks like 1-2 weeks of nice weather ahead of us I imagine the river will be unchanged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Went by this afternoon between 4 and 5, no change. Save the gas and stay at home. Saw no fish in the river up by the rest home. Water is just too low. Nice and clear though. Went down to the mouth and high tide. No signs of fish either. Nothing rising at all. We need lots more rain. Any fish even trying to move up are being caught in the weirs. The Indians looked quite active.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The water is still very low and a few fish are being caught in the cable pool. They are getting a little dark and developing a hooked jaw...but they are there.

I don't think the weirs will stop many fish...just direct them in to nets. Most will easily jump over rock obstacles.

Lets pray for rain!

·
Registered
26 Posts
well the weirs that i have seen unser the Parkroyal bridge are impassable !! I am afraid that there is no way a fish can make it upstream through those weirs no matter how determined it is !!! unless the river comes up a foot or so there will be no fresh fish entering the system

·
Registered
225 Posts
the fish can pass @ high tide. The FN have to build the wiers in such a manner that fish can pass over them on the high tide. the tide does come in all the way up to the Marine dr. bridge. we need water in the form of bucket loads of rain, as in 3 straight hard days before anything moves into the rivers on the shore. Like Marsman said," save your gas." when the river starts hopping the word will spread. But given the forecast, I wouldn't think it will be any time soon. http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/14day/pages/CABC0205.htm

·
Registered
901 Posts
From and older post :)

I find the best is a home made spinner and a small lead with a slow retrieve
most of us that fish the Cap and Ambleside make our own
and we all do them a bit different
red beads green beads
ive seen some that look like xmas trees
and some plain and simple
just some do better than others
yet somtimes a buzbomd does well

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ya is it ever. I was fishing just past the mouth, casting out a spoon for a bit. tried adding some roe to the end and tried drifting for a bit. i went to check out te river but once i saw how low it was i knew it was useless. there was about a dozen boats out there all fairly close to shore. as close a i had ever seen anyway.
saw one guy have one on for about 10 minutes and then he lost it. think someone else cut over his line.

thought id add my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.