BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if it is worth trying the cable pools or somewhere around there tomarrow? if not can anyone suggest anywhere, lakes, rivers ect. close 30min. from vancouver?

thx

·
Registered
901 Posts
try the beaches at low tide for Coho :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
OMG the Cap is dead until we get at least 3 or more heavy heavy heavy days of rain until then zip :oops:

There are going to be Hugs going up once she has water in it, I know of a couple of buddies nailing 52lbers off the mouth :wink:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I drove over both the Cap and Seymour yesterday. They have been a trickle for months. I bet three days of solid rain may still not be enough to fill them.

Dinsdale.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
hydro is the only answer to this problem guys....once hydro knows that the forcast is for extended DAYS OR EVEN WEEKS of rain they'll likely open up the flood gates and a new river will be born...but they won't be doing that until our rainy season finally begins...
rib

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
That's correct CS, the GVRD do however have agreements with fisheries for minimum flow levels on a seasonal basis based on the achievement of minimum resevoir requirments...and once they know the rainy season has actually begun, then they let it all go- all that hydro, err.....water that is. :wink:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just hope it is soon, as some of them fish have been out there since May........... To when it does open it will be full of fish for days on end coming in.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Really?

Cap_Slayer said:
OMG the Cap is dead until we get at least 3 or more heavy heavy heavy days of rain until then zip :oops:

There are going to be Hugs going up once she has water in it, I know of a couple of buddies nailing 52lbers off the mouth :wink:
Hey!

Nailing 52lbers off the mouth eh? On what boat was that? When? Not as witnessed by any of the guide boats. The largest fish I know of was a 46.25 landed by Predator Charters last week, and a 39.5 lber...and those are the largest fish hauled out of there this year.

Or were they Natives snagging up past the bridge a couple of years ago? Lead Headed Massive Treble Hooks? Nailing? NAH!

Hogs? What hogs are you referring to? Nailing? Who is nailing? I haven't seen any boats "nail" them for quite some time over there, not for at least 2 weeks. Getting a fish---big deal! Multiple fish is "NAILING" 'em. Nobody has "NAILED" them for quite some time...and the only person that I know who has "nailed" 'em was David Korsh---getting 1 bite, 1 fish, and those were those beauties. Everything else taken has been nothing special. 20 lbers...so what?

Ask any of the 10 guides out there on a daily basis and they'll tell you who has been "NAILING" them...NOBODY for about 2 weeks----since that time...you're lucky if you get 1 fish on on your expedition.

If your buddies caught a 52lber..they definitely kept their mouth shut about it to everyone else...or no one else witnessed it!!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
LMAO...fishinmagician,

To when my buddies hook them they tell zip, why bring more people around you... If you are a guide boat then I sure am glad I ain't on a boat that gets ZIP.....

Who is to say they are fishing off of the mouth :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hell to when I get my boat next year do you want me to show you how it is done out there SON :!: :!: :!:

Yupper stinky whites only good for the smoker :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I heard something that I thought was a little strange in a tackle shop. I was lamenting how low the Cap was and that if would be great of they open the flood gates a little. The person running the shop said this would not do any good as they fish are waiting for rain and they sense the run off water and simply letting more water down the dam would not cause them to move. Even went on to say this was tried a few years ago when the rains were late like this year and the fish simply did not move.

Any comments?????????

·
Registered
411 Posts
The flood gates would have to be open for a good couple of days, a couple of years ago a log got stuck in the gates causing it too flood and almost wipe out the homes down on the corner of Keith Road runs.... Not many fish came in, the only ones that did where sitting at the mouth... The fish out there move around with the bait, so hence they ALL AREN"T RIGHT AT THE MOUTH.. Some could be over at Point Grey or Point Attickinson(sp)........ Or anywhere else in the Harbour for that matter....

Sounds like you where at HighWater tackle talking to Dave...............

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't wait till we get enough rain to fish that lower section of the river!every fish I hook out of there is always bolt silver!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Capilano Water Levels?

Are there any reports for the Capilano lately?

I was out on Sunday for a full day of fishing at Ambelside and then up the Cable pools. The only fish being pulled in where by the Natives across the way. :( On a positive note, the Coho's are gaining weight and getting big! I witnessed a few 12-15lbers netted.

Once my luck ran out at the beach I moved up to the Cable pools which are littered with some slash the city cut down and is now blocking most of the fishable water there. The water is still low, clear and a few stable fish still there but spooky. My fly was chased by a couple of Coho's but turned at the last minute...not even a single bump.

Lets cross our fingers for more rain!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts