BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of hading north to target springs yesterday I decided to hook up with an old friend and hit the Cap for some early coho's. After a morning starbucks we made it to the river by 6 am. The rier was running a little on the high side.Like it was in the recent winter but was still very fishable.Got to our spot in mind to find 3 other guys already there! Asked if they minded if we joined in and they said OK. Very cool! Within 15 mins I was intto a coho that turned out to be a nice 3-4 lbs of chrome.A good start to the day and am feeling like we are gonna slay'em. Saw some moving through and a few finners.About 30 mins later I nail another one and some good head shakes and this one was gone.Nice fish though as we had a good look at it.Fished till 9 am with no other action at all.
We went o grab a coffe and headed down to big rock to see iuf we could intercept a few coming in on the tide but nadda.Then we made or way up to cable pool and to our surprise no one was around.The river was moving at a pretty good clip through the canyons and figured it wasn't worth the hike.Fished a few other spots and had no other takers but well it was a good day out on the local flow and I hope the river stays this way until some of those bigger summer run coho's come in which should be any time now!

Hotrod

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are lots fish moving through right now ! Just gotta find where they rest or the path in which they move! Sorry Ogo I can't make Wednesday.Lotta stuff on the go that day! :wallbash: Still hoping to get out here and there for a couple of hours though.

Hotrod

·
Registered
225 Posts
the only thing you'll get out of hotrod are reports of his success' while you, like me, spend hours trying to figure it out. in the 4 years of hitting the cap hard I've only found 3 spots where I can reasonably expect to find the little buggers. best advice. spend some time up top and watch what others are doing. and more importantly if their having any success. use the baits mentioned and you will have success. and FYI don't tail me around, I'm as useless as tits on a bull compared to hodrod. ;) .....by the way greetings all from Thailand. :drunk: :cheers: 8) I'll be back on the weekend so save some fish for me.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You must think like a coho!........................................be the coho and you will find your brothers! :cheers:

Hotrod

·
Registered
648 Posts
as my good friend Ortho would say, 8) "You da Man, Hotrod!" 8) thanks for the tips today Hotrod, 3 casts, and a beauty 4# coho, caught between Cable, and Dogleg, in some "non traditional" coho water. I tried to think like, and be the coho, but all I got was a rock shampoo! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's some good thinkin Ogo! Good on ya! I was into three little guys my self too. They all went back into the drink! I talked to a guy the other day who landed a 22 lb red spring in the upper mid section of the river. Lucky him!

Hotrod

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Hey if u spend enough time on the river like me and hotrod u get good at what u do, But hotrod spills his guts when he hooks fish and i'm quiet so i dont get a bus load of anglers around the spots i fish the next time I go. Hotrod mabey sometimes its good to be closed mouthed like the cap coho some times! :2cents:

No offence, just a sugestion, because guarenteed there will be 15 guys on the upper tomorrow or saturday, trying for springs and coho!

Finicky little buggers when they want to be!

·
Registered
648 Posts
all that you have to do is read through these threads to see that you have to put it time to catch fish, period. I doubt very much that you will see a stampede due to any one single post. There are not too many places on that river that don't require either local knowledge, or a substantial hike. The Cap has been around for a long time, and I don't see anyone around here posing a threat. Take a deep breath, Young gun, it's way too early for a valium.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
young gun said:
Hey if u spend enough time on the river like me and hotrod u get good at what u do, But hotrod spills his guts when he hooks fish and i'm quiet so i dont get a bus load of anglers around the spots i fish the next time I go. Hotrod mabey sometimes its good to be closed mouthed like the cap coho some times! :2cents:

No offence, just a sugestion, because guarenteed there will be 15 guys on the upper tomorrow or saturday, trying for springs and coho!

Finicky little buggers when they want to be!
Young gun...that seems like a safe guarantee to make...there were easily 15 guys or more on the upper each of the last few days, even before HR's or anyone else's post...if you really know the river as well as you say you do, then you shouldn't be worried about whether you'll be able to find secluded spots to fish...take it easy there tiger...

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
That river is small and delicate, over fishing will not help it alot. i dont like seeing 7 guys in one spot on such a small system. My spots are not in jepardy but i'm pretty sure others are!

Rib if u fish a river for such a long time it gets quite easy to get good on that particular system. Especially one like the capilano or seymour.

If u want any info i will gladly send u a pm.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hmm Rib,

So True so True, lastnight it was nice just my buddy and I in a well know spot.

No love for me lastnight but I couldn't watch anymore of that so called Game..........

Is there fish in the Cap.... :confused: I wouldn't have know...

Young Gun, lol spend time on the river, well what can one say, back a couple of years I spent 256days fishing the Cap.......... Now it is easy, as i know what rock holds the fish and where and when to go.......

I could tell you to when a fish crapped in the river :yummy:

As the gong show is going to be starting soon :wallbash:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
young gun said:
That river is small and delicate, over fishing will not help it alot. i dont like seeing 7 guys in one spot on such a small system. My spots are not in jepardy but i'm pretty sure others are!

Rib if u fish a river for such a long time it gets quite easy to get good on that particular system. Especially one like the capilano or seymour.

If u want any info i will gladly send u a pm.
Thanks young gun...I appreciate that!!! :thumbup: I've only been fishing the cap now since about 1986, (except for a few times in the 70's with my dad...), so I'm a bit of a rookie compared to some members of BCFR...I am fairly content with my knowledge of the river though...having said that, I'll be sure to drop you a pm when I'm looking for some tips.

Thanks again,

rib

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.