BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and son inlaw want to take me fishing on fathers day...just wondering wich is the better launch to use? We are not avid fishermen and will be using downriggers for the first time. Any pointers on what to troll or jig with and at what depth would be appreciated.We will be in an 18' bayliner wich i am hoping will be sufficient for this area.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
You should probably post this in the saltwater section and check their reports.
Also do you have a depthsounder/fishfinder?
Are you fishing West Van or are you going out further?
Depths? depends where you're fishing but the basic info is in the saltwater section.
when using your downriggers judge your trolling speed by the angle of your downrigger cables (approx 35-45 degrees with 15lb balls as a guideline)
depending on which way the tides going; you may have to speed up or slow down
Check the tides and the weather (a sunny day means little If it's windy and the swells/waves pick up because then it becomes more work than fun if you you haven't done this sort of thing too often)
If you're fishing West Van watch out for the rip at tide change it can sneak up on you if you're not paying attention.

Good luck

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry... thought i was in salt,thats why i couldnt find it again :( thanks for the info but my son and i decided to go sturg fishing instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts