BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why it is that the Cap has a run of coho in the summer while other rivers do not appear to have the same. Is this unusual or normal and other rivers have "early" runs but I just have not heard of them. Would the Seymour or other nearby rivers have coho as well right now?

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I could be wrong here Vanislealoha, but I believe this run was introduced to the cap to coincide with the summer of expo 86...this is what I have heard anyways, always good to have fish in the hatchery when the rest of the world is visiting.
If anyone can confirm or refute this, it would be appreciated...

The are a few rivers with summer runs of coho, up north, but as of this moment, I can't remember which.

Hope this helps,

rib

·
Registered
64 Posts
leaping tyee said:
evan said:
yes the fish was for expo. The Seymour does have a summer run of coho but very few compared to the cap
Yes you are right,nice to see you at the flow and try to catch those expo coho ;),how do you like your nice set up today :beerchug:
So far i gotta say it's my favorite set up! no fishy today, but it was nice of your dad to take me out to test out the new equipment! when are you going to be out next? :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.