so
just a few cheks here :?

There is no bait ban yet right :?:

What is the limit for Coho in the Cap,is it 4 per day :?:

I will report on my day out

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
so by the sounds of it to catch a coho u must fish the deeper pools in the canyon? i here spinners at first light in the pools work well! silver mepps....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
12 inch coho? lots of jacks this time of year?

·
Banned
279 Posts
Cohokiller spinners work well but roe works best. Fish the cable pool or dog leg pool or the pools under the highway. The coho's are small ranging from 2-6 pounds. However there is the odd one that is under 12 inches.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
compaired to the vedder i would imagine that your presentation should be small in low clear water? small hooks small piece of roe? and when using roe what kind of roe are ppl using?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
and i hear that if you fish the lower river it is best to fish high tides as fresh fish enter the system, best after it rains i bet!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Birdman you sound like you are the king on this river yet on the other site you are PMing me as to where to go :?: WHat gives Son :?:

If you want to catch Blue backs right now Dog Leg and Cable are you best bet's Roe is the only thing to use this time of year as these fish are little pigs.

Most of them are 18months to 2year old fish, most will be in the 2-4lbs range but but but but but there is the odd odd odd odd chance you will get a 6lbs but good luck right now with that one :wink:

Good luck let us know how you make out, oh and pls. don't target steelys that are sitting on Redds in Cable this time of year like three clowns the other day where doing :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont even bonk trout under 12 inches :?
just thought it was strange why they would say four
and not just make it two over 30cm :roll:
I only want one for supper :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now i know why i dont fish the Cap River
my legs are so sore from the up and down climbing i did
and no fish for me
I tried cable pool first but it it full of fry, thousands of them

·
Registered
131 Posts
wow that many fry I guy might just do well with a 5 weight and a epox minow pattern

·
Registered
225 Posts
a bzillion fry, 2 beautiful spawning steelies and no coho. river is b2b and way up since monday.fished high and low.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yeah the hatchery released alll of its coho smolts a couple of days ago so be aware boys!

Hotrod

·
Registered
225 Posts
ya yesterday I checked the holding pools. they're doing maintenence on them and there was only 1 small ho in the ladder.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
ther in there for sure and coming in steady.I've seen a few caught daily!

Hotrod

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.