1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
695 Posts
the eagle is a cool pic i've seen a few others flying around at some other spots.as for the CO officers i seen the two of them earlier today as i was leaving the pariking lot they looked like they were also fishing cause the rods were just gettting packed up as i got there.

cheers
scruffy

·
Registered
419 Posts
That is sad. Like you can't tell the difference. :naughty:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I'm down there everyday and no one has reported a steelhead and they all know to let those fish go if they do catch one.The snaggers have been getting little in the way of fish as the river is still a little to high and us sporties down there love it.There is no fish wier of any signifigance to stop the fish from going by.Mind you one was built a few weeks back with a great big hole in the middle and then the last high water came and blew most of it down.There were a few steelies caught and lost a couple of weeks back but none since then and none bonked.However there have been some red springs caught and bonked and perhaps that's what you've heard.

But the report from "down there" is it's been slow as mollasses! I would say that 20-30 fish have been moving through daily and some probably at night but other thanthat the seals have kept them out.
Thats the latest my brother.

Ta'malth kutsy qwits nichem!

Tlahl-be

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hotrod, you have an uncanny ability to be a full time diplomat! I am afraid I would have not kept as calm as you under the circumstances........A few people will never understand some things.........C ya out there.....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
225 Posts
hotrod said:
I'm down there everyday and no one has reported a steelhead and they all know to let those fish go if they do catch one.The snaggers have been getting little in the way of fish as the river is still a little to high and us sporties down there love it.There is no fish wier of any signifigance to stop the fish from going by.Mind you one was built a few weeks back with a great big hole in the middle and then the last high water came and blew most of it down.There were a few steelies caught and lost a couple of weeks back but none since then and none bonked.However there have been some red springs caught and bonked and perhaps that's what you've heard.

But the report from "down there" is it's been slow as mollasses! I would say that 20-30 fish have been moving through daily and some probably at night but other thanthat the seals have kept them out.
Thats the latest my brother.

Ta'malth kutsy qwits nichem!

Tlahl-be
classy response.

·
Registered
901 Posts
There has been over 100 fish a day moving through :eek:
as the water is so high
and it has been real slow on the beaches due to the high water in the river

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Britguy said:
There has been over 100 fish a day moving through :eek:
as the water is so high
and it has been real slow on the beaches due to the high water in the river

You know I think that # is accurate but I didn't want to post something I wasn't too sure about and that number doesn't suprise me at all! Good one Britguy!

Hotrod

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was fishing the Cable Pool yesterday from about 1:00 to 3:30 pm and I didn't see any fresh fish moving in. In fact the water was perfectly clear and you could see the whole pool top to bottom. Amazing clarity. There where many fish moving back and forth is a large school of 20-30. Amongst these fish there where very few freshies, most had a little nick on their head or fins and starting to darken. Before I showed up three guys where working the pool pretty hard with spoons, bait and had no luck. I work some flies and gear with no luck as well. It was interesting to see most fish move away from my line from about 10 ft away. These guys had a serious case of lock jaw. Lets hope the up coming rain brings in more fish, otherwise its getting close to the end of the run.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I fished West Van area today
two Ho's hooked one landed

I hooked a fellow fisherman while casting a spinner and lead :'(
the hook lodged in the back of his head and the leader snapped(12lb)
the lead carried on as a normal cast
he screamed and dropped his rod with the shock and pain
i did not know i had hit him till i saw my spinner stuck in his head :eek:
he then pulled the hook out
(good job i crimp my barbs)
he said it hurt like mad and he was shook up
it shook me up :eek:
sorry again Danny :-[
this could have been a lot worse
so take it easy out there :-\

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.