BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I saw a few risers today as well as a few cohos caught. The river is super high and we have a 50+mm of rain in the forecast. Alot of debree in the river and some rather large logs floating down too.I was hoping that it would drop a few feet and making fishing tommorrow perfect but not looking like it. First we don't have enough water and now too much.Can't win on this river all the way around but when the water level stabalizes there is some fun to be had.

Hotrod

:D :D :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Capilano river

Hey hotrod, i thought that with alot of rain all the fish would head up the river and then unfortunetly the season would be pretty much done.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
probably a couple of weeks at least! this is what I'm predicting based on the river watch that I've had for the last month.You see not alot of fish moving through in the last month.A few here and there but certainly not the main run that I have seen in the past.If they haven't died out in the salt or gone to another river then they should move in some more.I am personnally expecting that the main run should start now!........I am hopeful!

Hotrod

G

·
how high was it guys...? Actually, a better question first...where were you fishing, then maybe I can get a feel for the conditions...also visibility...can someone fill me in on that?
Thx,
rib

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i'd imagine like everywhere else the coho's are all late? haven't herd much of ppl catching coho's on the cap as of late but i'm sure theres something up with the late returning coho anyone agree?

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Capilano Mano said:
How long will the season last for after this huge dump of water?
I have regularly caught nice chrome coho in the cap into late november...not easy, but if conditions are right, they will be around...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I was fishing the lower end and the clarity conditions were good. The river had a slight tea colour but otherwise clear with three feet of visability.Like I sais before there was alot of debree coming down. Still raining hard here!

Hotrod

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Three feet or so of visibility is promising...I am just enjoying a nice cup of coffee, it's early for a day that I would normally sleep in, but the river calls...
will post when I return,
rib

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I just got back from the river and it had dropped about a foot but the visabilty was not to good.It's not chocolate milk but a very dark tea colour.S I figure maybe 12" of visabilty om the lower end.Prbably runoff from the side channels or creeks. Never made it up top to check the conditions.I saw a few fish flippin and moving through and suspect after the tide starts to come in so will more fish.Too much water now!

Hotrod

·
Registered
263 Posts
I fished up top this morning for a few hours. River is very high and not much vis. Had one follow my gold colorado to shore but that's it.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Has anyone been up at the cap this afternoon??? Wondering how visibility and water levels might have changed without any rain today...
thx,
rib

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I just got back from the Cap and it has dropped at least 4 feet frpm last night and 3 feet from this morning and is still dropping.This morning zero vis this afternoon 18"-24" depending where you are.After talking to one of my friends who fished the river top to bottom he had the same question as me........WHERE ARE ALL THE FISH ? I saw no risers or jumpers or any sign of fish to day.Certainly not what you'd expect on this system after such a long drought and then alot of rain to bring in the waiting fish.With 50+mms of rain forecast for the next 24 hrs it's not looking good.Anyone had apeek in the hatchery to see how many are up there?

Hotrod

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its really weird. I went to look in the hatchery after fishing on Saturday and i am asking the same question "where are all the fish???" because looking in the hatchery i did not see many fish at all. I think they're all still in the river! Saturday i hooked into 4 springs and lost all of them, and today ( sunday) not a bite to be had anywhere. Out of about 15 people on the river 2 people got 1 fish each and lost them. I have to say this year for fishing has been very sad :( :( I really hope it will get better.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I fished up above the highway from first light till 11am. I landed a 15-18lb spring but was too dark for the keeping... hehehe Other than that nothing. River dropped around a foot by the time I left but no sign of Coho. Only seen a couple of springs rise. They should of been in there. Maybe they were waiting for the water to clear up a bit. Wait and see.

Cheers, Rob

PS: Talked to a buddy that fished the afternoon and said he seen nothing.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My buddy just drove by the cap and it's BLOWN. Water side to side below the freeway.

Ugh.... You wanted rain you got it... hehehe

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are there any updates for the Cap? Has anyone been out fishing or scouting the river?

I'm sure the water levels have come down and maybe...just maybe some Coho are moving up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was trying to fish the Cap for 2 hours this morning.
Water level is still very high.
There were about 10 people under the highway bridge.
I didn't see any fish at all.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i went today for 2 hours and got nothing but the water has droped since wednesday. it is looking alot better. i have been fishing in and around the hatchery, seen some fishing jumping up the rapids maybe 6 or so. one was silver as could be. yesterday the guys i talked to caught 4 between them on pink wool. i was using a jensen egg (pink small) and had one follow but i didnt notice. as i was reeling in my line he leaped for my egg, i wasnt paying attention, llol.

i will check it out again tomorrow and fish it hard saturday

the water level has dropped by almost 1/3 since monday which was out of controll. clairity is still that tea color visibility i would say is about 3-4'

1 - 20 of 94 Posts