BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished from the hatchery down past cable and dog leg pools. the spot I got to is just down from dog leg after the bridge. is think its called big mother? anyway I saw a few riser didnt hook into any. heard there are many jumping at high tide which is around 9pm. so i suggest getting there first light or bring a flash light and try later. what are the pool names is what I would like to know. thank you

·
Registered
308 Posts
fished from the hatchery down past cable and dog leg pools. the spot I got to is just down from dog leg after the bridge. is think its called big mother?
How was the access?

I fished the Cap for the first time this year a couple of weeks ago with a buddy. First stop was beeko bluff; er, Cable Pool. It was crowded and the guy that had a fish on had a hell of a time landing it (eventually broke off), so we took a hike; literally :p

Got down to Dog Leg on the east side and there was one dude fishing it from up on the rock. Same deal; would be a hell of a time landing the fish. Some other guy was fishing the same pool from across the way; looked like a decent spot.

We walked further south to the bridge, but looking west it was just cliffs; no idea how people get down to Three Rocks pool other than by kayak and my buddy is the impatient type so that was it for exploring. Ended up fishing just up from cable, from a spot that was free, but no luck; apparently we had our lines set too deep, plus we fished from ~2pm-4:30. Saw another fish hooked by the same guy that had one on earlier and saw a couple jump.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How was the access?

I fished the Cap for the first time this year a couple of weeks ago with a buddy. First stop was beeko bluff; er, Cable Pool. It was crowded and the guy that had a fish on had a hell of a time landing it (eventually broke off), so we took a hike; literally :p

Got down to Dog Leg on the east side and there was one dude fishing it from up on the rock. Same deal; would be a hell of a time landing the fish. Some other guy was fishing the same pool from across the way; looked like a decent spot.

We walked further south to the bridge, but looking west it was just cliffs; no idea how people get down to Three Rocks pool other than by kayak and my buddy is the impatient type so that was it for exploring. Ended up fishing just up from cable, from a spot that was free, but no luck; apparently we had our lines set too deep, plus we fished from ~2pm-4:30. Saw another fish hooked by the same guy that had one on earlier and saw a couple jump.
having a second look at the map it was pipeline bridge it was a terrible access from just across the bridge. great spot though and i could see a float from someone at three rocks. no way to get over there.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Prodsaig...you might consider editing the details of the rod out, and posting up in the public forum that you found a rod on the cap...someone is missing that rod and will be searching madly for it everywhere. It would be good karma to do so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.