BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys here is my forecast.

I expect with 30-40 mm of rain hitting the North Shore in the next 24 hrs that it's about time that the flood gates were opened.With more heavy rains after tommorrow I will be shocked and sad if they don't. Likely they will though, rain for four days coming now! The fish will be running hard by the weekend for sure!

Now the Squamish area is expecting 50+ mm of rain in the next 24hrs and four days of rain to follow......BLOWOUT!!!!!!
This river will definately be flooding its banks for sure.Hopefully blowout some old dogs and make room for some fresh fish to move in. This flooding will come from the run off only as temperatures are expected to drop so there will be snow on the mountain tops for sure which can be good next week.

So I would have to say that for the most part the rain will be good for alot of rivers not so good for others. Overall speaking, the environment needs it the most.....AAHHH the life of a fishing finatic! Controled by mother Nature.

I will be missing some of this action, I will be going in on Friday for a hernia operation that will put me out of commission for what we have all been waiting for. Heavy rains and heavy fishing for heavy fish!

Good luck out there guys and gals and get a few for me!

Hotrod

8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
736 Posts
You and me both!! I might go up there anyways, just to give a report on the condidtions. But hopefully it will work out, I have a couple newbies that are really looking forward to it, so we will see what happens! :wink:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
hey steel i didn't know u were joined here to! Its (younggun), spelled this way! (younggun)Why did that guy have to go copy my name? Well i hope this rain comes thats for sure!

·
Registered
648 Posts
good luck under the knife Hotrod, I'll catch a couple on your behalf tomorrow when I hit the squish, and the chek. gotta go get some sleep, alot of work to be done, you and Ortho have set a pretty good coho standard. you know what they say, "you lead, I'll follow" :lol:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going up tommorrow for a half day, I'll let you know how it is. Hopefully it will stay stable enough to fish.

Hotrod

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was at the squamish today hooked a bunch of chum but the river gained about 6 inches in a time span of five hours. The river went nice and merky.

·
Registered
648 Posts
OK Hotrod, we are not worthy!!! :lol: just as predicted, much blowout damage in all Squamish system rivers. fished first light at Judd road, and well, lit it up! 3 coho before 8:30 :lol: :lol: :lol: all caught less than 20 ft. from shore, 1 with colorado, one with pink #4 blue fox, and one with #4 yellow blue fox. the last one, a 16# buck, doing 4 ft aerials, it was awesome, Ortho, where were you??? chumfest shortly thereafter, hit on pink and orange jigs, spinners, wool, you name it. got tired of chum, thought I'd try the pool where Ortho lost his coho last friday. 4th cast, a lovely 12# wild coho doe. now the bad news, clarity started out at 5 or 6 feet, by 12:30 was about 1 1/2 ft. thought I'd try the Cheakamus, crossed the first bridge and there is the culprit. Cheekeye is completely blown out, puking brown mud into the Cheak. about 40% of the Cheak is brown. move to upper river, catch a couple of rainbows in my secret spot, ha ha ha , then figure I'll finish at the Mamquam. as I drive back over the Cheak, it is now blown out downstream of the Cheekeye. drive to the Mamquam, sorry to say, completely blown out. needless to say, the Squamish will not be fishable for a couple of days, at least, you'd have to think so anyway. worst part is, it didn't even really start pouring until about 3:00 pm.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was up there this afternoon and yeah its totally blown and will be until it stops raing to give er a chance to rest.The good newa aboout this is that I saw alot of old boots floating down river either dead or almost dead!End of next week should be good weather permittting.

Hotrod

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Nice goin' buddy!. I told you that pool is coho heaven, and the run with all the loose rock....well that one gives up fish daily.....That learning curve of yours is spiked!! Really happy you hit some fish!....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
just got back from the capilano this morning, water's still dead low but some fish are moving through...saw one guy cleaning a nice chromer at the lower end of the cap., looks like we still need MUCH more rain! anyone else been out on the cap or seymour?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The seymour is up well over 12" full of tree's leaves and very BROWN water. Walked it last night during the rain and saw lot of dying Chum and Spring in the shallow slower water. It is going to have to clean up a bit befor it's fishable.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
the cap is in trouble and it has been for the past few years, i hope the stupid damn opens up or the coho and all other fish a screwed! :cry: :x :evil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts