BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, fished the cap lower end around the highway and downstream of there today with Ogobogo...His first day with the new centerpin...

Beautiful day, beautiful water....didn't see, or connect with, any coho...but did watch a big dark steelie chase after ogo's spoon for a few feet and then swim the tailout...water conditions were prime, fished on the hightide in the pm...but like I said no coho for us today...

There's sure to be some in there now, and more coming in everyday...my bet is over the weekend with a little rain there will be a good push of fish...

Good luck everyone,

rib

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I wish I could have gone today, but I guess sometimes you have to get other things done :wallbash:

It would have been a nice day to be out, too bad no fish to report. Did ogo get eny nice first day tangles on the pin?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for the report Rib :thumbup:.

I'm heading out sometime this weekend to the Cap.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Ken, If you had used the spoon I told you about, you would have caught that 20 lb.er.........LOL ;D.....Ortho 8)

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steelie Trav said:
Did ogo get eny nice first day tangles on the pin?
Actually, he did quite well really...I think he had one or two minor tangles, but otherwise he was getting the hang of it pretty good...especially since he's just had sugery on his shoulder...he does hold the rod funny though...LoL, over time I imagine he'll get more comfortable with it, but all in all he handled it really well...

any day now the fish will start coming in in good numbers boys and girls, I am sure of it...all the signs were there.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
You'r right Rib'....He does pretty good for a one hander.. :eek:.I saw him cast all day at the Stamp and bring in a lot of fish....It's kinda cool watching him tuck the butt end of the rod under his arm and reel with the other hand,,,, :confused:.....all this while tugging on the Founder's Reserve!!. ;)........You da man, Kenny! ;D ;D..Ortho 8)

·
Registered
411 Posts
To early for chucking feathers. Wait until they build up at the mouth, once the water drops to the Summer time flows then is the best time.

·
Registered
648 Posts
geez, you guys talkin about me, right in front of my back??? :eek: actually, you guys are all just jealous cause I don't have to let go of anything when I reel with my left hand! ;D not even my flask, as Ortho so accurately mentioned. just don't want my surgeon to find out that I was fishing less than a week after my surgery. :naughty: oh yeah, Rib, my best day on the Stamp, I reeled right handed, so I really don't know what the hell I'm doing!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Nice report! God I hope that the "any day now" is today!

I think I'll go north and target some springs and dollies!

Hotrod

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Off to the cap again for an evening of relaxation...Steelie Trav and I will give it a go for a bit...High tide is not until 9:13 pm, not sure what we'll do about that, but we'll report when we return. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I had a few hours this afternoon so of to the Cap I went! Fished he lower end on the incomng tide and three coho in the first two hours and my cousin got two steelhead one of which was bright chrome and the other he lost when it decided to swim upriver like it was a big fish or something.After a couple of weeks of trying this was the first time that there were actually alot of fish on the move as we saw action most of the time we were there.

I would have to say that things are looking good for the weekend warriors and expect it to get better

Hotrod

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steelie Trav and I hit the lower from about 6pm till dusk, worked a few pools hard looking for stragglers off the morning hightide, and for fresh ones coming in as the tide rose to its high at around 9 pm. No fish for us today, Trav did lose one late in the day, otherwise it was pretty quiet yesterday evening...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Fished it from top to bottom on Thursday without a hit until dusk was near I got one hit but it quickly unbuttoned itself. Guy fishing across from me got one on right after me and lost it too. Went back yesterday evening and the smolts had been released. Caught a small resident and guy fishing beside me nailed and quickly released a chrome steelie of about 4lbs in the same spot i tagged mine.

·
Registered
695 Posts
my buddy and i hit the river this morning for a few hours,fished it from mid to lower river and not a thing for us,we decided to pack it up for the day as the rain startded to come to down.river levels were up a little from lastnite but i'm sure that will change after todays rain.Seen a couple of others guys and nothing for them as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Was down at the cable pool today. Fished it for about an hour and a half or so, then it was dark. Nothing for me, all I saw was a few steel. None of the other guys fishing there caught anything either.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts